Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Some anomalies

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
12 years 8 months ago #190648 by AlanJones
Some anomalies was created by AlanJones
I have a site of about 500 users in CB, we are running GroupJove and Subs.
Since installing Subs some anomalies have crept in and for the life of me I cannot find their origin.

Here are the two most pressing issues:

1. The backend filter in User Manager and in CB Paid Subscriptions filters some businesses but not others. I have a cb field called cb_businessname, it's searchable but only some businesses show up in the backend filters.
Strangely though: In the front end list the search works perfectly.

2. I have cb privacy installed and switched on and it works for Tabs, but not for Fields. The privacy for fields is just not there? I have switched off all non CB tabs and fields and I still cannot find the bug.

Could I PM you a login and ask you to look under the hood?

Joomla: 1.7.3
CB: 1.7.1
Subs: 1.2.2
GroupJive: 2.4

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #190662 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Some anomalies

1. The backend filter in User Manager and in CB Paid Subscriptions filters some businesses but not others. I have a cb field called cb_businessname, it's searchable but only some businesses show up in the backend filters.
Strangely though: In the front end list the search works perfectly.

Backend uses "Advanced" search mode. So you need to ensure you're using the right search method. For example "is exactly" must match exactly what you input or no result will display and "contains phrase" must match exactly what you input, but it can be anywhere in the fields value (e.g. search of "bob" will match a value of "drbob").

2. I have cb privacy installed and switched on and it works for Tabs, but not for Fields. The privacy for fields is just not there? I have switched off all non CB tabs and fields and I still cannot find the bug.

You need to edit your fields within CB > Field Management and enable privacy on a field by field basis if you want field privacy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
12 years 8 months ago #190665 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Re: Some anomalies
1. Yes I am aware of the Advanced settings and we have tested multiple selections. For example we have a "Delphis" and a "Delphi" If I filter for "Delph" I only get "Delphi" in the backene no matter what the advanced settings are. (Unless of course they are set to not include "Delp")

2. Yes I am also aware that I need to enable it on the individual fields. Right now it's enabled on about a 10 fields but it does not show up in the profile edit, although Tab privacy does show in the profile edit?

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #190670 by krileon

1. Yes I am aware of the Advanced settings and we have tested multiple selections. For example we have a "Delphis" and a "Delphi" If I filter for "Delph" I only get "Delphi" in the backene no matter what the advanced settings are. (Unless of course they are set to not include "Delp")

Please upgrade to CB 1.8 and confirm if issue persists. We've CBSubs and GJ RC releases also available. Both CBSubs and CB RC builds are being used here at Joomlapolis so we consider them rather stable.

2. Yes I am also aware that I need to enable it on the individual fields. Right now it's enabled on about a 10 fields but it does not show up in the profile edit, although Tab privacy does show in the profile edit?

Are you using CB Profile Pro or some other means for rendering profile view/edit?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
12 years 8 months ago #190677 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Re: Some anomalies
Hi Krileon

1. OK, I will do that, let's see if it resolves. Just busy with a backup now before I install.

2. No, I did install profilepro at one point but then decided against it and completely removed it. I'm using a fairly standard CB profile layout

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #190710 by krileon
If issue persists after upgrade please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon