Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Build List\Query Based on Field Data

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #190804 by Hotties Wrestle
[SOLVED] Build List\Query Based on Field Data was created by Hotties Wrestle
Is there a plugin in the Incubator (or anywhere) that lets you build a list/page based on criteria from specific CB fields? Like lets say I want to display a users name, avatar (which both links to their profile) and a field of information they've entered in the order of the last update, and filter this list by other criteria as well.

So let's say the list would be

Name
show only users from a specific location..etc.

EDIT! Turns out CB's List manager can do just about everything I asked here already :) I'm having a little bit of trouble filtering out fields though. The field it's going by is a user inputted HTML area, and when they delete everything, it tends to leave a BR or P tag in there, so even though there's no text, it keeps showing up. What's the best way to get rid of that?
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #190924 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Build List\Query Based on Field Data

The field it's going by is a user inputted HTML area, and when they delete everything, it tends to leave a BR or P tag in there, so even though there's no text, it keeps showing up. What's the best way to get rid of that?

Best way is to fix your Joomla WYSIWYG editor not to add P or BR tags. Typically you can fix this by configuring the editor plugin from within Joomlas plugin manager. Alternatively you can use an advanced filter such as the below.
Code:
`cb_myfield` NOT IN ( NULL, '', '<br/>', '<p></p>' )

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #191057 by Hotties Wrestle
Replied by Hotties Wrestle on topic Re: Build List\Query Based on Field Data
Adding that makes 0 users show up :(

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #191102 by krileon
Please replace "cb_myfield" with your actual fieldname. It's just an example, I can't provide a working example as you didn't provide the fieldname.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #191143 by Hotties Wrestle
Replied by Hotties Wrestle on topic Re: Build List\Query Based on Field Data
Yes, I had changed it to the field name. This is the current query
Code:
`cb_gender` ='Female' AND `cb_travel` NOT IN ( NULL, '', '<br/>', '<p></p>' )

Even removing the gender check it still shows up with zero users.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #191148 by krileon
Do you have users with content in that field? Please be sure to test with debug mode and maximum error reporting set within Joomla global configuration to ensure there's no fatal query error present.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon