Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Specific expiry date for all memberships?

• sozoweb
  • sozoweb
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #190806 by sozoweb
Hullo, I'm sure this has been asked before but can't find anything about it.

I'm building a site (using Joomla and CB Subs) for an organisation who have a yearly membership term of April to March, meaning all their members must renew by the end of March each year.

From what I can see, the only out-of-the-box option is to set time periods (e.g. one year) for membership, beginning upon receipt of payment, so that members' expiry dates are scattered across the year. Individual members' expiry dates can be changed through the Subscriptions page but I need an automated solution.

If members renewed in January - March, their expiry would be March the following year (to avoid memberships that expire in a few weeks for anyone who signs up for a new account in, say, February).

I had a vague idea about writing a script to check the subscription date and update it accordingly but I can see potential flaws in doing so; wondering if there's a better way?
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 8 months ago #190810 by nant

sozoweb wrote: Hullo, I'm sure this has been asked before but can't find anything about it.

Documentation is also a good reference to study.

I'm building a site (using Joomla and CB Subs) for an organisation who have a yearly membership term of April to March, meaning all their members must renew by the end of March each year.

So you want a "This calendar year" duration with Start date of calendar year: set to 04-01 (April 1st).

From what I can see, the only out-of-the-box option is to set time periods (e.g. one year) for membership, beginning upon receipt of payment, so that members' expiry dates are scattered across the year. Individual members' expiry dates can be changed through the Subscriptions page but I need an automated solution.

If members renewed in January - March, their expiry would be March the following year (to avoid memberships that expire in a few weeks for anyone who signs up for a new account in, say, February).

I had a vague idea about writing a script to check the subscription date and update it accordingly but I can see potential flaws in doing so; wondering if there's a better way?

Please take a look at documentation ad you can set such a plan out-of -the-box as you put it.

• sozoweb
  • sozoweb
12 years 8 months ago #190812 by sozoweb
Replied by sozoweb on topic Re: Specific expiry date for all memberships?
Ha. Evidently I didn't spend nearly long enough trying to find this feature myself. Not sure how I missed it... was it always there...? :P

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon