• rustle44
12 years 8 months ago #190918 by rustle44
Customize CB login module help please was created by rustle44
Hi guys I am having some difficulty undestanding hoe the cb login is styled
what I would like to do is:
1)publish module in compact mode - vertical
2)register and login icons only - no text at all
3)have both icons display to the right of the username/password input boxes

link to site i think that can see what I am trying to do in the top left of the site
www.trilliumorderdesk.com/backup

Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #190934 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Customize CB login module help please
I recommend using Firebug for Firefox to inspect the login module and review its CSS. This will give you the IDs/Classes which can be used in CSS to alter the modules display.

1)publish module in compact mode - vertical

This cacn be done by simply editing the module and configuring it as such within CB Login module.

2)register and login icons only - no text at all

This can also be done by simply editing the login module and adjusting its parameters.

3)have both icons display to the right of the username/password input boxes

The styling is inline so you'll need to use CSS that has !important tags so you can override it. You'll need to reposition the background and add a new right padding as the way it currently works is it adds the icon as a background of the input it then adds a left padding so text doesn't sit on top of the image.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rustle44
  • rustle44
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #190950 by rustle44
Replied by rustle44 on topic Re: Customize CB login module help please
Hi krileon
thank you for the reply
let me clarify my problem
your login module is quite sophisticated and the assistance I am looking for is actually if I have the previously listed parameters set in the admin side of the module,
where is the styling controls specifically based upon my parameters?

The reason I am having so much difficulty is because I am confused about which case 0,1,2 I should attempting to edit.
Also is it possible to use a negative margin-left value to move the entire module a bit?

Thank You
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by rustle44.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #190978 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Customize CB login module help please

where is the styling controls specifically based upon my parameters?

In the modules PHP file. The parameter based styling as all inline styles (using "style" attribute).

The reason I am having so much difficulty is because I am confused about which case 0,1,2 I should attempting to edit.

You add your CSS to your Joomla template CSS file.

Also is it possible to use a negative margin-left value to move the entire module a bit?

Doubt that'll work. You're better setting its position to absolute and positioning it exactly on screen or using relative and using left/right/top/bottom attributes to move it around.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rustle44

Moderators: beatnantkrileon