Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] search user in google map

• jph34
  • jph34
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #191383 by jph34
[SOLVED] search user in google map was created by jph34
Hello,

I recently discovered CB.

In a website, I need to search CB profile by custom fields and display results on Google Map.

To do this, I installed the plugin for Geocode Factory but I can't find the native CB plugin search. Can you tell me where I can find and how to configure it to search by custom fields?

example search: www.beladom.com

Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #191417 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: search user in google map
Only CB plugin that I am aware of for Geocode Factory is the one below.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/extensions-specific-non-sorted/9756

However, it just displays a map on a users profile. I've no idea if they have a search feature based off CB field, but doubt it. Maybe if it can be displayed on profile you can display it on a userlist via substitutions (if it's a tab, see tutorials within signature on how to substitute a tab in a delimiter field) so when a user searches the userlist they'd see the maps as results, but then it'd just be a list of maps which probably isn't what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jph34
  • jph34
12 years 8 months ago #191433 by jph34
Replied by jph34 on topic Re: search user in google map
thanks for your answer,

I use this plugin www.myjoom.com/community-builder/8/26/mjproductsdetails but i don't know how configure it and how configure CB to do a research.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #191466 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: search user in google map
No idea either; we didn't develop it. Recommend contacting the extensions developer for further support.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jph34

• jph34
  • jph34
12 years 8 months ago #191514 by jph34
Replied by jph34 on topic Re: search user in google map
thank you, I immediatly contact the extensions developer.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon