Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Profile Book: mod_cbpblatest_1.2 Usage? etc..

• himadri
  • himadri
12 years 8 months ago #191487 by himadri
I am Developing on Localhost using J 1.7.3, CB 1.7.1, and using Profile Book plugin unzip1st_cbprofilebook_1.2.zip.

1) What is the usage of 'mod_cbpblatest_1.2', I have Installed it as a Module from Extension Manager and assigned a Position. I don't see anything at that Position?

2) on My Profile the Table outlines are showing (refer CBissue.JPG), but it's not the case on your DEMO screenshots.

3) The profilebook Tab even after posting comments on 'ProfileBlog' and 'ProfileWall' Shows "This user currently doesn't have any posts." (refer CBissue.JPG)

4) Do CB have any Article Manager, K2 type Plugin? Where Registered user can Post their article and after approval get published ? Please Let me Know !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #191556 by krileon

1) What is the usage of 'mod_cbpblatest_1.2', I have Installed it as a Module from Extension Manager and assigned a Position. I don't see anything at that Position?

It displays latest ProfileBook entries. It's very customizable however, please see the modules parameters while editing the module in Joomla module manager.

2) on My Profile the Table outlines are showing (refer CBissue.JPG), but it's not the case on your DEMO screenshots.

That's how your Joomla template is styled; it has a border applied to tables. You can set CB to use a DIV layout to remove some of the table usage within CB > Configuration > User Profile however this won't affect plugins that are designed to use tables.

3) The profilebook Tab even after posting comments on 'ProfileBlog' and 'ProfileWall' Shows "This user currently doesn't have any posts." (refer CBissue.JPG)

The Guestbook, Wall, and Blog tabs are 3 separate usages of the plugin. Wall does not show on Guestbook and vise verse. To post on a Guestbook you must view a profile other then your own.

4) Do CB have any Article Manager, K2 type Plugin? Where Registered user can Post their article and after approval get published ? Please Let me Know !

Set a user to Author and they can create articles, but you'll have to publish the articles for them unless you make them Publishers. This is done within CB > User Management by changing their usergroup. CB comes with an article tab to display a users articles. Alternatively you can use incubator project CB Articles which does the same, but more elegantly and provides more features (paging/searching) as well as supports K2.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon