Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Session expired or cookies are not enabled...

• jwwicks
  • jwwicks
12 years 8 months ago #192089 by jwwicks
Hello All,

I've been having this nagging issue off and on for a while now. Some users, only some, see this message. I've been unable to recreate the issue on my end.

I've checked configuration.php - live site is ''
I've checked CB configuration - anti-spoof check is off

I'm using CB 1.7.1 on J1.5.25

If it was everyone I'd have no problem tracking it down but it's only happening a few times every couple months or so. It's like a certain set of triggers are happening and a code path is being executed that normally wouldn't be. Without a way to recreate it it's near impossible to track down. There doesn't seem to be any common thread either, some IE on XP, some FF on Win7 etc...

In one instance I had to register the user manually myself. Same forms.

I run a test user registration in 5 browsers IE/FF/Chrome/Safari/Opera all succeed.

Any suggestions on tracking this down?

Thanks,
Jw

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #192160 by krileon
Please upgrade to CB 1.8 and confirm if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jwwicks
  • jwwicks
12 years 8 months ago #192196 by jwwicks
Thanks for the reply.

But how does upgrading stop the code from executing cbSpoofCheck. In plugin.foundation.php the following define exists but is rarely used.
Code:
define( '_CB_SPOOFCHECKS', ( isset( $ueConfig['enableSpoofCheck'] ) && $ueConfig['enableSpoofCheck'] ) ? 1 : 0 );

The cbSpoofCheck function still executes a loop through the $_POST variables. I suspect that it's this code that's causing this weirdness.

Has the code changed to not do this?

Jw

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #192202 by krileon
Please upgrade and confirm if issue persists. If it does we'll move forward from there. I'm sorry, but we don't have the resources to debug depreciated releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by krileon.

• jwwicks
  • jwwicks
12 years 6 months ago #198391 by jwwicks
Upgraded and issue still persists...

Jw

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #198395 by krileon
My guess is due to it being for select users they may have Cookies disabled or too high security settings in their browser. Are you able to request what browser and what version of that browser they're using that's experiencing this (I know you mentioned IE/FF, but exact versions is helpful)?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon