Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Twitter login and link facility bring up error msg

• essiele
  • essiele
12 years 7 months ago #193474 by essiele
I think I'm going to read up a bit more on this, FIFO and all that.

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 7 months ago #193591 by krileon
No idea, the error appears to be coming from Twitters end. I can't see anything to in source that would cause this as am constructing the API exactly as twitter recommends in their documentation. Recommend Google searching on the issue as there appears to be numerous reports regarding such an error and could be any number of things. Based off what I've read you need to contact Twitter as a subset of users can have an "outage" or "elevated downtime".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• essiele
  • essiele
12 years 6 months ago #195918 by essiele
Hey, Kyle!

I managed to sort it... finally!

What I need was a callback url. At first, I didn't understand what the heck a callback url was... then I did some research. All it is is the url of a page on my website (I chose the homepage). No more error messages!

Now to try and get a tweet box on the site.

Ess

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #196015 by krileon
For those who run into a similar issue please see the Help section of CB Connect backend as it will walk you through every screen you see and what parameters need to be filled (as well as what they need to be filled with); please read carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon