Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSUbs RC2

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 6 months ago #196181 by dotcom22
CBSUbs RC2 was created by dotcom22
hello

I see with much pleasure you have released RC2 of CBSubs... However you don't mention the changelog. I imagine you will do that soon ? Sorry for my impatience but I was ready just now to launch a campaign for get new users..so I prefer wait a bit for see what new in this release..

I have some more questions:

1) When we omit to fill a required field in the Invoice form address of CBSUBS, I get a message "This field is required." and this field/message is not translated. I take a look in the english.php file (CB + CBSUBS + cbteamplugins file) and I don't find in any place that string. I tried to add this string in my own language file (FR + DE) but the message still not translated...

I suppose you have harcoded this string or you have make a mystake and instead to write "This field is required!" (this string with a dot exclamation is already present inside CB language file) you do like this "This field is required.". Or amybe I'm wrong ?

2) I noticed the same thing about the message displayed in the Country select box "--- Click to select country ---". This string is not translated even if the string is well present inside CBSUBS language file. On the other hand no problem with the string "--- Click to select State/Province ---" because it is well translated... I tested in 3 browser and cleared cache...

any clue ?

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #196198 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSUbs RC2
We typically don't supply changelogs with RC/Beta releases. If there's a particular issue # you'd like to inquire about please supply it and can let you know its status.

1) When we omit to fill a required field in the Invoice form address of CBSUBS, I get a message "This field is required." and this field/message is not translated. I take a look in the english.php file (CB + CBSUBS + cbteamplugins file) and I don't find in any place that string. I tried to add this string in my own language file (FR + DE) but the message still not translated...

That's a CB language string and can be found in CBs language files. There are several defines for it. Please see the following.

cbteamplugins:
This field is required.

defines:
_UE_REQUIRED_ERROR
_UE_FIELDREQUIRED

Based off the string I believe you're seeing _UE_REQUIRED_ERROR.

2) I noticed the same thing about the message displayed in the Country select box "--- Click to select country ---". This string is not translated even if the string is well present inside CBSUBS language file. On the other hand no problem with the string "--- Click to select State/Province ---" because it is well translated... I tested in 3 browser and cleared cache...

That's a CBSubs language string. Please see language.php of your CBSubs language files for the following.

--- Click to select country ---

It's also in admin_language.php as perhaps backend language files are also loading and recommend also translating there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #196226 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: CBSUbs RC2

We typically don't supply changelogs with RC/Beta releases. If there's a particular issue # you'd like to inquire about please supply it and can let you know its status.

I asked that because you had tell about some new features in your 1.3 version announcement. So I imagine you have correct some bugs. Some of them was:

- The fact to have many unpaid invoice generated especially when using Offline payment.

- Another was the fact to have Plan marked "active" inside CB Subscription module even if is not true.

- Another was the one described here

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/193946-cbsubs-backend-language--manual-payment#194091

I would like to know also if you have added some more features like Substitution inside plan description and message reminder before end of plan duration. If you can tell me a quick list of possible new features that will nice too.

About translation I double-checked all language files and the "This field is required." was present inside both CBSUBS + cbteamplugins file. So I removed the one present in CBSUBS and I keep only the one inside cbteamplugins. However the message are always not translated even if the correct french translation is made in cbteamplugins and define language. I always cleared Joomla cache (even if my DEV site is not cache enabled) and cleared cache browser.

I tested also to not fill fields when trying to register to the site (using step-by-step process used by CB Conditional) and the "This field is required." is well translated in french. I checked and this translation come from cbteamplugins...so that mean my string is well present and correctly translated in cbteamplugins but for some unknown reason is not loaded on CBSUBS invoice form..

So I looked with Firebug on the CBSUBS Invoice form and the code is:
Code:
<div id="cbfr_address_street" class="cb_form_line cbclearboth cbValidationError"> <label for="address_street">Addresse:</label> <div class="cb_field"> <div id="cbfv_cbfr_address_street"> <input id="address_street" class="inputbox required" type="text" size="" value="" name="address_street"> <span class="cbform_required_star" title="Ce champ est obligatoire">*</span> <span class="cb_result_warning" htmlfor="address_street" generated="true">This field is required.</span> </div> </div> </div>

You can see the french string "Ce champ est obligatoire" seem to be loaded in the span title but not in the next result warning span.

This happen also with the "--- Click to select country ---" string. I tried to translate like you suggest the related string inside Admin CBSUBS language file but no change...

any more suggestions ?

Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by dotcom22.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #196443 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSUbs RC2

- The fact to have many unpaid invoice generated especially when using Offline payment.

#3269 is still scheduled for CBSubs 1.3.0, but has yet to be implemented.

- Another was the fact to have Plan marked "active" inside CB Subscription module even if is not true.

#3351 has yet to be reviewed and does not have a target version.

- Another was the one described here

#2637 is scheduled for CBSubs 1.3.1. It won't make CBSubs 1.3.0 stable release, sorry.

I would like to know also if you have added some more features like Substitution inside plan description and message reminder before end of plan duration. If you can tell me a quick list of possible new features that will nice too.

#2296 is still scheduled for CBSubs 1.3.0, but has yet to be implemented

any more suggestions ?

No idea. My guess is perhaps you've some duplicates or your language plugin maybe out of date. As far as I am aware none of CBSubs uses DEFINES and uses CBTxt method of 'STRING' => 'TRANSLATION'. Perhaps try adding the string to CBSubs language files?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #196650 by dotcom22

No idea. My guess is perhaps you've some duplicates or your language plugin maybe out of date. As far as I am aware none of CBSubs uses DEFINES and uses CBTxt method of 'STRING' => 'TRANSLATION'. Perhaps try adding the string to CBSubs language files?

I'm always unable to get translated the required field and the select country field... I tested many things without success...

Define language file are not concerned here..this seem to be clear. So the correct string must be placed only inside cbteamplugins OR cbsubs language file OR BOTH... I tested to place the string in each and/or both file without success...

I noticed also the string format used in whole CBSUBS language file use double quote like this:

"This field is required. " => "Ce champ est obligatoire",

but is possible to use single quote like this:

'This field is required.' => 'Ce champ est obligatoire',

...for allow html in translation text. However I tested here also both solution without success too.

About cbteamplugins I already placed the string with single quote for allow me to translate missing field in the step-by-step registration process. In this area I get no problem and the string is well translated..

I tried to remove all "This field is required" from all file but the message still displayed in english in CBSUBS...

Finally I noticed by default the string "This field is required" is not present in your CBSUBS english plugin..

Something is wrong here... Are you sure your string "This field is required" are not harcoded in your CBSUBS files ?? When I look with Firebug it seem the message are displayed with an extra space at the end... Even if I tried to place the string with extra space like this:

"This field is required. " => "Ce champ est obligatoire",

..the message remain untranslated...

Same kind of problem with string "--- Click to select country ---".

Is not a big deal, however I would like be able to well translate all...

any clue please ??

thank

Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by dotcom22.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 6 months ago #197072 by dotcom22
Any reply to my last topic about untranslated string please?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon