Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Using Groupjive for manage groups

• Pejay
  • Pejay
12 years 6 months ago #197905 by Pejay
Using Groupjive for manage groups was created by Pejay
Hello, (excuse for the automatic translation, I hope it will be understood)

Well, I realized a Web site to manage the volunteers of a music festival (600 subscribers at present)( www.festivalbeauregard.com/benevoles/ )

I use community builder 1.8 and I created so much groups as there is of voluntary posts(jobs) to be provided (ex: maintenances, bars, runners, banks, merchandising etc.) And so many lists as jobs. I created a group "Responsable" (person in charge) to appoint the persons in charge of every jobs. (By ex for the bar 1: a user is "Volunteer, bar 1" or "responsable, bar 1 "

Now, the festival approaching in big step, I shall like that every person in charge can manage the schedule of the volunteers which he supervises. Roughly, have an hourly daily calendar which would allow a person in charge to affect one of his(her) volunteers from 1 pm till 5 pm for example. What would be good also, would be to have an overview of the calendar by jobs and so to know if there are holes in the schedule

I've tried to use groupjive and its sheduler but Where are my cb users in groupjive ? I just want to decide who will be schedule.

Any Idea ?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #197949 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Using Groupjive for manage groups
CB users in GroupJive? They need to join a group. GroupJive functions like groups on Facebook. It's not a usergroup manager or anything of the sort. You may want to review extensions such as jEvents or Eventlist to have a true event calendar.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pejay

• Pejay
  • Pejay
12 years 6 months ago #198451 by Pejay
Replied by Pejay on topic Re: Using Groupjive for manage groups
ok, I can't decide for the users in which group I want them ?
So I will try to connect with an event component. (eventlist doesntwork proprelu with joomla 2.5)

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198455 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Using Groupjive for manage groups

ok, I can't decide for the users in which group I want them ?

You can force them into groups from backend or use the Auto integration to force them into groups at various CB triggers if you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon