Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Blog Possibilities

• diogotu
  • diogotu
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #197933 by diogotu
[SOLVED] Blog Possibilities was created by diogotu
Hi,

I would like to know if is possible to have a link in each profile to a personal blog page! I would like to have something like:

menu [View Blog] [View profile]

[View Blog] - Links to user blog page with:

- all contributions of this user for the site, in any category...
(displayed as joomla category blog layout)
- tab or module with small description of the author (avatar, about the author, web site)
- menu with last posts in the right

[View profile] - Links back to User profile Page

i'm trying to use CB Blogs but i don't know if i can do that with this plugin or if i have to use other component to have that... if i have to use other, do you recommend any that is compatible with CB!

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #197959 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Blog Possibilities
As CB Blogs uses the CMS to store and display the blogs you can do whatever the CMS allows. I don't think Joomla allows a menu link to a Joomla content category where it shows only articles from a specific user though. K2 may allow this however, but I can't guarantee as I didn't check.

CB Blogs just allows creation of blogs and display of them in the profile tab. Beyond that it doesn't really do anything further. The display aspect is all done by the CMS it's stored to or by CB Blogs template if Internal mode is used.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• diogotu
  • diogotu
12 years 6 months ago #198610 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: Blog Possibilities

CB Blogs just allows creation of blogs and display of them in the profile tab. Beyond that it doesn't really do anything further. The display aspect is all done by the CMS it's stored to or by CB Blogs template if Internal mode is used.

i understand :)

i would like that each user have two pages, one is the cb profile and the other the blog, but both very integrated... i did more or less the project in photoshop and am thinking what are the best way to do that!

instead of having tabs, have "other page" inside CB profile, that show the users articles!

Do you recomend any solution? Do you think that maybe i have to build an API for CB to have that?

In the project i think about having a header for each user (that is also editable) that have the links to the blog, profile, photos
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198644 by krileon
As CB Blogs stores the blogs (articles) directly to Joomlas content component just provide a menu link to the Blogs section/category and people can browse blogs (articles) directly through Joomla (never having to visit someones profile). Blogs are still created/managed from their profile however and you can't change that fact, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• diogotu
  • diogotu
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #198755 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: Blog Possibilities
Hi,

I was trying also CB articles and it look like more with what i`m looking for, in the way that it shows all the posts of the user.

but instead of showing the articles as a "list layout" would be better showing as a "blog layout" (intro text, readmore button, edit button), do you thing that it can be possible?

just provide a menu link to the Blogs section/category

In the website the authors posts in diferents categories and sections...
my question would be how to have this menu link [in each user profile] for the articles created by the owner of profile...

thanks
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by diogotu.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #198790 by krileon

but instead of showing the articles as a "list layout" would be better showing as a "blog layout" (intro text, readmore button, edit button), do you thing that it can be possible?

Yes, it's possible. Simply edit the tab template within CB Articles template folder below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbarticles/templates/

my question would be how to have this menu link [in each user profile] for the articles created by the owner of profile...

No idea. That's a question better suited for Joomla. I'm not quite sure you can link to a category with articles from a specific user. I'm pretty sure you can with K2 though (CB Blogs and CB Articles both support K2).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon