Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Blog Possibilities

• diogotu
  • diogotu
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199027 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: Blog Possibilities

Yes, it's possible. Simply edit the tab template within CB Articles template folder below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbarticles/templates/

yes... thats really closer of what i was looking for! i just need a little help :)

thanks for the info, was very useful!

i started to edit the: plug_cbarticles\templates\default\tab.php and got good results, i would like some help if possible with one part!

in the line 23 to 26 of the file tab.php there is this code:
Code:
.'<div class="articlesContent1">' . $row->getTitle( 0, $row->getArticle()->published ) . '</div>' .'<div class="articlesContent2">' . ( $row->getArticle()->section ? $row->getSectionTitle( 0, $row->getArticle()->section_published ) : CBTxt::T( 'None' ) ) . '</div>' .'<div class="articlesContent3">' . ( $row->getArticle()->category ? $row->getCategoryTitle( 0, $row->getArticle()->category_published ) : CBTxt::T( 'None' ) ) . '</div>' .'<div class="articlesContent4">' . cbFormatDate( $row->getArticle()->created ) . '</div>'

i changed to that, and is starting to be more or less how i want!:
Code:
. '<div class="articlesContent1_costum"><h2>' . $row->getTitle( 0, $row->getArticle()->published ) . '</h1></div>' . '<div class="articlesContent3_costum">' . CBTxt::T( 'Category: ' ) . ( $row->getArticle()->category ? $row->getCategoryTitle( 0, $row->getArticle()->category_published ) : CBTxt::T( 'None' ) ) . '</div>'

and i would like to insert more some lines that would be some thing more or less like that (but i don't know much about the codes, can you help me with that?):
Code:
. '<div class="intro_text_costum"><p>' . $row->getIntroText( 0, $row->getArticle()->published ) . '</p></div>' . '<div class="read_more_costum"><p>' . $row->getReadMore( 0, $row->getArticle()->published ) . '</p></div>' . '<div class="edit_buttom_costum"><p>' . $row->getEditButton( 0, $row->getArticle()->published ) . '</p></div>

probably the edit button need some restriction to be seen just by the user, about the edit button, i was thinking just in it be a short cut, instead of the author need to go to the article to see the edit button, he could just see it on his CB article tab :)

i tried to see some documentation to write this lines but i didn't understand how to... yet...

How is now, more or less!

How i am looking for more or less!

thanks a lot :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by diogotu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199106 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Blog Possibilities
The 3 functions you're trying to use don't exist (not sure where you got them from?). What you're looking for is the following.

$row->getArticle()->article_intro
$row->getArticle()->article_full

There is nothing for the edit button, please see the exist code for how to render the edit button.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• diogotu
  • diogotu
12 years 5 months ago #199212 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: Blog Possibilities
thank you the code worked :) , i don't know much about codes... so i just did something to show more or less what i was looking for!

later i will see the codes in the joomla core to find some tips for the read more and edit button!

:)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon