Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Kunena Latest Module - CB Avatar display ?

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #198005 by pepperstreet
Hello,
sorry for asking a Kunena Module question, but I hope someone else has a similar issue. Also posted in Kunena Forum .

just upgraded a Joomla 1.5.26 site with CB1.8 and Kunena1.7.2

Problem:
The latest module behaves different in Avatar thumb display. Guests see the username with profile-link. Only registered users see Avatar thumbs. Is this a "feature-bug" ?! It seems, it does not depend on any forum security parameter setting, nor any module setting.

If this "contextual display" is the intended way... it should also hide the username and link completely. Because this information is already displayed by the respective parameter! Now, you will get it twice!

I remember, the previous 3rdparty LatestModule for Kunena 1.5/6 did not make any difference in usergroups. It always showed the CB Avatar.

Any clue?
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by pepperstreet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198046 by krileon
Kunena uses CB API so more then likely your Avatar field is not publicly visible. You need to ensure the Avatar field is on a public and published tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #198063 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Kunena Latest Module - CB Avatar display ?
Thanks for the hint. I will check the setting and differences...
But as I mentioned earlier, it worked before the update. It was Kunena 1.5.x as far as i remember it. And the latest module showed the avatar, no matter of the profile or field access level.
I changed nothing on the access level, so I expected to see no difference in a forum frontend module.

12 years 6 months ago #198069 by pepperstreet
I appreciate any deep integration or dependencies between extensions.

But, its not unusual to have a profile view for registered people. And 3rd Party user display modules also show Avatar and profile link... so, i expect to see the same usage in Kunena Latest Module. If a profile is not accessible by guests... i would get a message AFTER i clicked on the profile link. Thats the way, most modules work.

If it is dependent like you said before... i could also live with that. Even in this case, it seems not 100% finished. Because the Profile-Link and username is still visible! And clickable. Only the Avatar image is missing!

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198072 by krileon
We didn't create the module so I can't comment what it can and can not do. There is a parameter available that can be passed to getField to ignore access permissions, but it was added later (after they released the module no doubt). Sorry, but if the permissions issue is the case then you need to ensure the Avatar field is publicly accessible. I'm sure the module is open source so if need be simply edit it to fit your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #198082 by pepperstreet
o.k. I got it working. The missing image is related to the tab access level. It was also registered. The field itself was public. Now it shows up in frontend!

Not sure how and if the module can be improved in this case. I mean, how to hide the link and name. Its not nessecary, if the image is restricted and hidden.

Thanks for your comments and thoughts. They made me thinking and checking the settings in more detail ;-) Otherwise i would have searched in the wrong direction.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by pepperstreet.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon