Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] How to use CB Fields in Fields Delimiter

• vmwebsites
  • vmwebsites
  • Add-ons
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #198120 by vmwebsites
Hi guys,

I've added a Field delimiter to a Tab, and in the delimiter I would like to show a custom url for each member.

I want to show them a special offer from one of my partners where my members can signup, but therefore I need the url to contain their name and email. Obviously I don't want them to fill it in again, but give them a link that looks something like:

Join Here: partnerwebsite.com/signup&[cb_name]&[cb_emailaddress]

Is there an easy way to accomplish this? Any suggestions?

thanks,

Victor
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198182 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to use CB Fields in Fields Delimiter
Absolutely, delimiter fields support substitutions so you can use things like [user_id], [name],

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vmwebsites

• vmwebsites
  • vmwebsites
  • Add-ons
12 years 6 months ago #198258 by vmwebsites
Replied by vmwebsites on topic Re: How to use CB Fields in Fields Delimiter
Thank Kyle!! B)
This makes affiliatemarketing soooo much easier.

Tnx Victor

• cvoogt
  • cvoogt
12 years 5 months ago #198847 by cvoogt
but how do you get them to show on a registration form? I am using CB 1.8 using the default CB template, and no delimiters are showing .. they are published, but not being rendered at all. See www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-builder/198846-re-cb-18-delimiter-fields-not-showing#198846 .

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #198879 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to use CB Fields in Fields Delimiter
You need to set the delimiter to display on registration. Most substitutions won't do anything on registration though because the user does not exist yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon