Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Allow Free Registered Users setting w/ Offline Pa

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
12 years 5 months ago #198948 by petekuhn
Hi Kyle--

Good to hear that the next release will have ability to "pay" the offline payment baskets from the frontend! That will ease my job a lot.

On other payment processors, I did check out 2CO, and it would cost us about $1k a year more than Paypal. But, with Authorize.net simple payment, and basket payment from the frontend, we could be OK.

Nice to know that the word "upgrade" can be changed to any other text, but I don't know how to do that, and if I get someone to modify the code for this release, we'd just have to do it again for the next release. Anyway, the built in logic for plan choice is the issue; if we call all our "upgrades" "alternatives", they will still be treated as upgrades: users are expected to renew their current plan and the other plans are treated as upgrades to their current plan. Our situation is that our plans are simply different durations, with a discount that the user can choose without having to enter a coupon. We would like users to be able to choose one of three plans when they first join, and one of five plans for renewal, whether or not they are expired. The CBSubs plan settings and workflow settings apparently don't allow this. Users can choose one of three plans when they first join, active members can renew their current plan ahead of time, and expired members can choose one of five plans. It ain't what we want exactly, but it's something we need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199090 by krileon

On other payment processors, I did check out 2CO, and it would cost us about $1k a year more than Paypal.

The cost is justifiable if you've a larger user turnover rate.

But, with Authorize.net simple payment, and basket payment from the frontend, we could be OK.

Authorize.net is on-site payments so users would never leave the site when subscribing, which is a huge plus. The downside is you need working SSL for your domain.

Nice to know that the word "upgrade" can be changed to any other text, but I don't know how to do that

Some strings can be changed from CBSubs > Settings > Display. Others through CBSubs language plugins. Please see your documentation regarding language string usage. CBSubs comes with the English language plugin in the CBSubs package.

and if I get someone to modify the code for this release, we'd just have to do it again for the next release

Well that depends, you can DIFF the language plugins to see what has changed and you may not even need to update the language plugin with each release. If the sites primary language is English you actually don't even need the language plugin at all unless you want to change some of the strings.

Anyway, the built in logic for plan choice is the issue; if we call all our "upgrades" "alternatives", they will still be treated as upgrades

True, no matter their name they still function the same.

The CBSubs plan settings and workflow settings apparently don't allow this.

Setting your plans to allow upgrade will give exactly what you're wanting. When you are going from 1 plan to another it's called an upgrade. This includes going from a free (no plan) user to a paid user (while already registered and logged in).

If you mean you only want the upgrade plans available when it's time to renew or expired then you can do this by applying conditions on your plans from the workflows tab to check expiration date, etc.. of their currently active subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199581 by petekuhn
OK, now it's set to Yes, and the result: we get people who register, but after canceling their payment, can log in again but cannot pay for a subscription.

This sucks bigtime for clubs that aren't selling website access, but instead access to a physical club.

With the setting set to Yes, the people who register, but then cancel their payment seem to be signed up (as a user) for free forever; they can't pay dues because their membership hasn't expired, and our settings allow members to upgrade only after their membership has expired.

With the setting set to No, the people who register, but then cancel their payment can't pay dues because they're now blocked from logging in, so there's no way they can subscribe.

Again, here's what we want:

We want the users of our website to be only people who have an active or expired subscription.

We have 1800 users who are expired, who were migrated to CBSubs (mostly by Nick, using the import feature in CBSubs) and we want them to be able to log in to their website account and reactivate their subscription.

We have 520 users who are active and should remain registered until they expire, at which point they should be able to renew on any of the paid plans or the volunteer hours plan.

And there are people who haven't ever been in our club, and we want them to be able to register and to become a user only if they select a subscription plan, select a payment gateway, and either create a completed payment basket because they've paid for the subscription online or create a pending payment basket payment page for cash or check payment in our offline payment gateway, called "pay at club". If they disagree with Kyle, and have a problem with Paypal, then their registration should get voided, and they should be told to create a new one.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by petekuhn. Reason: clarity!

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199633 by krileon
CBSubs doesn't void a registration. By time CBSubs payment process takes place the user is already registered into CB. That's simply how it works. It doesn't "back out" of the registration or delete them. I've explained several ways to go about your registration as what you're wanting is available, but you need to have your plans set to allow upgrade as if you do not and they back out of payment and attempt to login they won't have any plans to select. You can stop people from upgrading to other plans while having an active plan by using Conditions on the workflows tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
12 years 5 months ago #199650 by petekuhn
Hi Kyle,

I'd appreciate your talking to Nick about it and getting back to us after that. We've paid Joomlapolis to help us migrate our membership database and to set up our CBSubs plans, so if there's something available that will do what we want, and it's not set that way, we'd like to correct that pronto, as we are signing up about 20 new members a week now.

I've attached a screenshot of our plans settings. We have 6 membership plans total that are exclusive, plus donations that aren't exclusive, and three unpublished test plans. All 6 (non-test) membership plans allow upgrades, all allow new subscriptions, but only 3 allow registration so that new members can't sign up to the other 3 plans which we reserve for renewing and admin-assigned lifetime members.

More importantly, we have users who've been migrated using the import feature. Their subscriptions are expired, but we want them to be able to log in to our website and renew.

Nick has superadmin privileges on our website. Please let me know if we need to make changes asap.

Thanks,

Peter
Attachments:

• nant
  • nant
12 years 5 months ago #199739 by nant

petekuhn wrote: Hi Kyle,

I'd appreciate your talking to Nick about it and getting back to us after that. We've paid Joomlapolis to help us migrate our membership database and to set up our CBSubs plans, so if there's something available that will do what we want, and it's not set that way, we'd like to correct that pronto, as we are signing up about 20 new members a week now.

I've attached a screenshot of our plans settings. We have 6 membership plans total that are exclusive, plus donations that aren't exclusive, and three unpublished test plans. All 6 (non-test) membership plans allow upgrades, all allow new subscriptions, but only 3 allow registration so that new members can't sign up to the other 3 plans which we reserve for renewing and admin-assigned lifetime members.

More importantly, we have users who've been migrated using the import feature. Their subscriptions are expired, but we want them to be able to log in to our website and renew.

Nick has superadmin privileges on our website. Please let me know if we need to make changes asap.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Please open a ticket (like the previous one) and post access data again and clear indication of the issue you have (please give access details of a user case that you feel is not working as you want it).

I recall that we tested the migration project and everything worked as you wanted it.
Did something change now in your requirements?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon