Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Blogs

• rhondab
  • rhondab
12 years 6 months ago #198331 by rhondab
CB Blogs was created by rhondab
Is there some place where I can find documentation on how to make CB Blogs work? I installed it and am extremely confused at getting it working. I installed mod_cbcontent_2_2_RC.zip and something caused my entire site to break.

I uninstalled modules and finally it is back working again.
ilearn.woodfordschools.org/wchslibrary/

I feel quite dumb right now. :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rhondab
  • rhondab
12 years 6 months ago #198333 by rhondab
Replied by rhondab on topic Re: CB Blogs
I need some major help. I am getting all sort of errors in this Joomla 2.5.4 site.
ilearn.woodfordschools.org/wchslibrary/

When I try to enable things, other things break.

I had the CB Log in and CB Captcha working great until I tried to install CB Blogs. That's when things went haywire.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198389 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Blogs
Can you be more discriptive then "things don't work" or "things break" please? Have you tried with debug mode and maximum error reporting enabled within Joomla global configuration? This will expose any fatal errors so you can see what's breaking exactly.

To configure CB Blogs first create a Joomla content section within Joomla > Content > Categories. Lets call this new Category "Blogs". Now create sub-categories of that new category (Blogs). For examples sake lets create "General" category under the "Blogs" category.

Now navigate to CB > Plugin Management > CB Blogs > Config > CMS. Now select your "Blogs" section and click "Save". Now enable the plugin within CB > Plugin Management. Once done navigate to your profile on frontend and you've now a Blogs tab to create and manage your blog entries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rhondab
  • rhondab
12 years 6 months ago #198392 by rhondab
Replied by rhondab on topic Re: CB Blogs
I will try these things you mentioned. Thank you!

I didn't know how to be more descriptive. Since I have never used it before, I didn't know how it was supposed to work at all. I believe it had to do with permissions not set correctly. The site is on the school's in-house server. Their IT dept. said they set permissions this morning. I will give what you suggested a try.

Thanks again,
Rhonda

Moderators: beatnantkrileon