Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CBJUICE Import New User Detail Notificatino

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #198492 by cherylru85
Hi again.

I need to import a whole list of users (members) into Comm Builder.
But I do not want the "New User Details" email notification to be received by the users.

Any short/simple workarounds to import and not trigger the notification?

Much appreciated.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198532 by krileon
Empty the contents of the Pending and Welcome emails within CB > Configuration > Registration and that disables those emails. Alternative is to put dummy details within Joomlas global configuration for mail server to cause all emails to fail so nothing will be sent. Other then that there's no option to disable them, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #198593 by cherylru85
Replied by cherylru85 on topic Re: CBJUICE Import New User Detail Notificatino
Correction. I'll be importing using CBJUICE, not manual entry of records.

Anyway, the Welcome and Pending emails contents are empty.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198629 by krileon
Yet they both still send? Hmm, that's strange. Best approach I suppose then is to setup the mail server settings in Joomla global configuration to guaranteed fail then no emails will send at all so long as the invalid settings are present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #198631 by cherylru85
Replied by cherylru85 on topic Re: CBJUICE Import New User Detail Notificatino
Thanks Kyle.
Would try it out. If not, something is wrong.

By the way, is there anyway to disable or totally remove the default User Manager, since I have Comm Builder?
Just asking, cuz someone managed to remove the Default.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198656 by krileon
No, you can't remove Joomlas core systems such as its user manager; just don't use it. If you happen to use it by mistake then run user sync from CB tools.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon