Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] AutoActions Query syntax

• erichf
  • erichf
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #198636 by erichf
[SOLVED] AutoActions Query syntax was created by erichf
I'm using the Autoactions plugin and have it working to do almost what I want but I can't figure out how to get it to insert a field from community builder into the database using the Query funciton.

The AutoAction is working and triggering my SQL INSERT command but I don't know what syntax to use to get it to use one of the cb fields in the INSERT.

Is the AutoActions plug-in (and specifically the query syntax) documented somewhere?

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198654 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: AutoActions Query syntax
Use one of the CB fields? Like pull a users field value and put it into the query? You'd do this through substitutions (e.g. [username]). More on substitutions can be found within Tutorials in my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• erichf
  • erichf
12 years 6 months ago #198664 by erichf
Replied by erichf on topic Re: AutoActions Query syntax
Thanks Kyle. That's what I needed. Square brackets with single quotes in the SQL INSERT command did the trick. eg: '[formatname]'

Moderators: beatnantkrileon