Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Connect + CB Subs

• raniko
  • raniko
12 years 6 months ago #198663 by raniko
CB Connect + CB Subs was created by raniko
Hi. I'm trying to set up my linkedin log in using CB Connect 3.0.2 (I also use cb 1.8, joomla 2.5.4 and cb subs 1.3 rc2). I have 4 CB subs plans that I would like to offer to new users. It looks like CB Subs is offering only plans that you would Upgrade to, not plans that are offered at registration. Is there any way to have the plans offered at registration appear as opposed to valid "upgrade" plans?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198683 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect + CB Subs
Nope, CBSubs only shows plans that allow upgrade to existing users. By time CBSubs takes affect the user already has been registered and is attempting to login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• raniko
  • raniko
12 years 6 months ago #198715 by raniko
Replied by raniko on topic Re: CB Connect + CB Subs
Okay. I assumed you might say something like that. I'll try to work around that. I've been testing this out with my own linkedin account. I'm deleting the user that I create after each new test so I can run new tests. On one of the tests, I accidentally used an email on linkedin associated with an account that I have open in CB and everything blew up. The registration process failed, but a "connection" was established in CB connect.

1) What should the process look like if someone tries to register or log in with an existing email?

2) Can I "unconnect" that user id from cb connect somehow?

3) I am using all free plans right now, but I'd like to include pay plans soon. Will cb connect work okay with CB connect pay plans?

joomla 2.5.4, cb 1.8, cb subs 1.3rc2, cb connect 3.0.2

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #198769 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect + CB Subs

1) What should the process look like if someone tries to register or log in with an existing email?

You should've gotten a message telling you the email address is already registered (assuming your template has the ever important message tag). I've confirmed that is exactly what happens in all my tests. It will not create the user anyway as that's impossible because the email is already registered. It can't connect a user by email address.

2) Can I "unconnect" that user id from cb connect somehow?

Edit the user in CB > User Management and clear the Linkedin ID field.

3) I am using all free plans right now, but I'd like to include pay plans soon. Will cb connect work okay with CB connect pay plans?

Yes, you'll get the same screen you're getting now and a user can simply select a paid plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon