Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] GJ 2.5.1: Invitation type and public

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #198883 by jojo12
Hi,
I found a problem:
A group has invitation type for the users. But I need that some tabs (after all events) are public (visible even if you are not a group user).
But this only works when group type is open!

Can you help?
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by jojo12.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #198884 by krileon
Open and Approval can use Public parameters. Invite only groups are considered private or closed. You can't have Public information for an invite only group. It was kept this way to exhibit the same behavior GJ 1.x did with invite based groups. It's possible next release I'll change this and add a 4th time (Private) and allow invite only to be displayed but with no join link.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 5 months ago #198885 by jojo12
I tried with approval too, but didn't work!

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #198891 by krileon
What doesn't work? Set the tab to Public in the groups edit page on its integration tab. Then set it to approval or open. Once done view that group and the tabs that are public should be displayed. Please see attached images of it working fine.

Logged Out

Logged In

Please note under information this is an Approval group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #198899 by jojo12
Yes I did that:
In Backend I went to integrations: I set events to public.
Then I set the group in backend to public.
When I set the group type to open, it is visible.
When I set the group type to approval it is not visible!
(see image)

[SORRY, IT WAS MY LANGUAGE PROBLEM: APPROVAL WORKS!]
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by jojo12.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon