Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Terms and Conditions

12 years 5 months ago #199010 by scottie33t
Terms and Conditions was created by scottie33t
When users register, there is a box they check to agree to the terms and conditions. My question is how do I prove if and when they agreed to these terms. If there a way to stamp it or record when they accepted them?

Also, how can I make it so when they click on the Terms & Conditions link it opens in a new window instead of in the same window. The reason I ask is when the user goes to read them they have to use their back browser button to return to the registeration page unfortunately all their data is erased and they have to start the form all over. Many times users get annoyed or frustrated by this so don't bother filling the registration form out again and just leave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• erilam
  • erilam
12 years 5 months ago #199052 by erilam
Replied by erilam on topic Re: Terms and Conditions
Hello,

Personaly I use a checkbox field with one value and put the link into so first the user can read the terms in a new window and second I can publish it on his profile.

Hope it helps

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/

12 years 5 months ago #199059 by scottie33t
Replied by scottie33t on topic Re: Terms and Conditions
Wierd, for some reason it seems to be opening in a new window now (without me changing anything). Not sure what is going on..

I'm still unsure about the time stamp though, but perhaps your approach may be something I'll check out. I looked in CB Field Manager, but couldn't find any field labeld terms and condition. Which field do I edit exactly?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199111 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions link has always been a pop-up. They can't register unless they agree to the terms. When they agree to the terms then the database column acceptedterms in _comprofiler changes to 1. So you could use the substitution [acceptedterms] or use it in a IF statement in a delimiter field on profile to display a message if accepted or not for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #199134 by scottie33t
Replied by scottie33t on topic Re: Terms and Conditions
Sorry if this is a basic webmaster question, but where do I find these database columns and where do I change this "[acceptedterms] or use it in a IF statement in a delimiter" at?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199140 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Terms and Conditions
Why do you need to change it? It's in _comprofiler database table at any rate. For substitution usage information please see tutorials within my signature (this includes IF statements). Delimiter fields are created within CB > Field Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon