Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Issues with registration and updating profiles

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199014 by webdevdude
Joomla 1.5.26
CB 1.8
CB GROUPS 2.5.1

I have a community website which has used CB for quite along time. Some time ago I started having an issue with updating profiles in the front end and the rear administration area. After putting in some research on it a couple different times I found no real solutions.
So now the issue seems to have compounded into issues with the registration process.

1. Issue: When updating profile from front end an error is given and updates not made.
This is the error on front end with out any debugging.

In pop up box:
moscomprofiler::store failed: Unknown column 'bw' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `jos_comprofiler` SET `user_id`=62,`firstname`='Bruce',`lastname`='Cheyney',`hits`='16',`message_last_sent`='0000-00-00

Below the title EDIT YOUR DETAILS after closing pop up box from above:
moscomprofiler::store failed: Unknown column 'bw' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `jos_comprofiler` SET `user_id`=62,`firstname`='Bruce',`lastname`='Cheyney',`hits`='16',`message_last_sent`='0000-00-00 00:00:00',`message_number_sent`='0',`avatar`='62_4d13418e966bd.jpg',`avatarapproved`='1',`approved`=1,`confirmed`=1,`registeripaddr`='',`cbactivation`='',`banned`='0',`acceptedterms`='0',`lastupdatedate`='2012-04-29 02:43:50',`website`='',`location`='',`occupation`='',`interests`='',`city`='',`state`='',`zipcode`='',`country`='usa',`cb_versions`='',`cb_timeflying`='',`cb_pilotexp`='',`cb_atcexp`='',`cb_airlineexp`='',`cb_expinfo`='',`cb_infoexp`='',`cb_helpus`='',`bw`='20',`limiter`='0' WHERE id='62'

2. Issue: After registering and clicking on the verification email link CB sends visitor to the website and states registration complete and to log in.
When attempting to log in after registration activation the following message is given.

"Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check again your email for further instructions that have just been resent. If you don't find the email, check your spam-box. Make sure that your email account options are not set to immediately delete spam. If that was the case, just try logging in again to receive a new instructions email."

Thanks For any help
Bruce
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 5 months ago #199018 by nant
[mod note: moved to Professional support area - please post here in the future if you are a Professional member]

12 years 5 months ago #199020 by webdevdude
Ok. No problem.
I only posted in that section because it was related to CB, and not a paid product.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199104 by krileon
Common problem where some extensions or admins feel the need to alter _users table, which is a horrible idea. Please review your _users database table and if you find any column that does not match the below list, remove it.

Joomla 2.5
id
name
username
email
password
usertype
block
sendEmail
registerDate
lastvisitDate
activation
params

Joomla 1.5
id
name
username
email
password
usertype
block
sendEmail
gid
registerDate
lastvisitDate
activation
params

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

12 years 5 months ago #199180 by webdevdude
I see.
I had read that in some previous forum posts but did not know what to do.

After reviewing my table _users I have a few more columns then you show is required.

Mine are:

id
name
username
email
password
usertype
block
senemail
gid
registerdate
lastvisitdate
activation
params
bw
limiter

I have not personally modified any columns unless I did so by accident in the admin area.

So these extra columns were most likely added by an extension? Maybe we can narrow down the extension for future reference?

So what is my fix? I am not that familiar with database modifications.
How do I remove those three columns if that is the best way?

Thank You for the prompt help also.
Bruce

12 years 5 months ago #199181 by webdevdude
Ok now I have looked around some I see the "Structure" tab has the ability to delete the columns.

I bet that is the place. :)

Let me know please and I will delete them.

Thank You Again
Bruce

Moderators: beatnantkrileon