Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Character Limit for Radio Button

12 years 5 months ago #199064 by cherylru85
Character Limit for Radio Button was created by cherylru85
Hi Kyle/Nick,
My radio button options seems to be too lengthy,thus the text being truncate off for some selections.

May I know what is the character limit for the radio button fields please? Any suggestions/ideas on how to fit the lengthy text into the selection?

Would need to fit the .csv file for import using CBJUICE so that it selects the option too.

Please advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #199066 by cherylru85
Replied by cherylru85 on topic Re: Character Limit for Radio Button
On another issue about the importing using CBJUICE - what is the date format that is to be used in the .csv?

I tried using DD-MM-YYYY, but it calls the field to blank.

Any suggestions?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199115 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Character Limit for Radio Button

May I know what is the character limit for the radio button fields please?

Any suggestions/ideas on how to fit the lengthy text into the selection?

Use a language string (e.g. _UE_MYVALUE1). Then define it in CB language files and you can have the text as long as you could imagine.

define( '_UE_MYVALUE1', 'This is my fields first value.' );

On another issue about the importing using CBJUICE - what is the date format that is to be used in the .csv?

You need to use MYSQL standard date format 0000-00-00 (YYYY-MM-DD).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #199116 by cherylru85
Replied by cherylru85 on topic Re: Character Limit for Radio Button
Thanks Kyle.

If the text is increased, would it then be able to import the selection?
Or it has to be limited with with 255 characters in the csv cell??

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199128 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Character Limit for Radio Button
The 255 limit is a database limitation on the fieldtitle column in _comprofiler_field_values. If you need long values you should use language strings as explained above then you have no limit. None of which has anything to do with CB Juice.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon