Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB-Subs - subscriptions after failed payments

• philhfr
  • philhfr
12 years 5 months ago #199114 by philhfr
Hi

I’m not sure if this is an issue with CB-Subs (1.3RC2 on CB1.8 on J2.5.4), or the way I’ve set up the subscription plans (I suspect it’s the latter).

Everything seems to work fine with valid credit card transactions. But if I put through a failed card transaction (I’m using the Ogone test server), all the right messages seem to come up for the user, but (when he logs in) he’s then offered neither an ability to try to buy the subscription plan again, nor an upgrade to anything. I also have the same problem if the user cancels the payment before going to the Ogone page.

I suspect that the problem is related to the way my subscription plans are setup. I have a set of ‘initial’ subscription plans that are offered to new users if they subscribe. Once a member has subscribed, he is not offered those ‘initial’ subscription plans again (they are not available for upgrades), but only a small number of ‘upgrade only’ subscription plans based on the subscription(s) he is currently on.

After the failed card transaction, the user is by then a registered user. Could it be that the ‘initial’ subscription plans are not being offered because the user is regarded as a subscriber (has he been put on a ‘free plan’)? And the upgrades are (correctly) not being offered (as they are tied to plans that he’s not yet purchased)?

Currently I have global settings of:
Show subscription plans at registration: Yes
Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions): Yes
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans: No

If so, do you have any suggestions on how I could configure this to cope with failed or cancelled payment transactions? Can I set a conditional upgrade for the ‘initial’ plans such that they are only suggested to these subscribers (i.e. those users currently on a ‘free’ plan)?

Any/all suggestions welcomed…..

Many thanks
Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199139 by krileon
If I understand correctly; when a purchase attempt fails it gives all the messages that the purchase was successful? Then when they attempt to login it tells them to pay their subscription?

Yes, after a user is registered then plans that are registration only will no longer show and only plans that allow upgrades will show.

Free plans become active immediately however so whether failed or not I believe it doesn't matter as they don't require a purchase at a gateway.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• philhfr
  • philhfr
12 years 5 months ago #199205 by philhfr
Hi Kyle

No, all the correct error messages/text appear - sorry if I misled you.

However, I've now fixed this (I hope), by making all my 'initial' plans also capable of upgrade with the condition that the user is not subscribed to all the other plans available.

P.S. (a wish list item?) It would have been easier if, in setting the conditions, I could have used 'on the free plan' in my conditions (rather than having to use 'not in all the other plans').

Cheers
Phil

Moderators: beatnantkrileon