Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Family Plans

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199204 by MasterNABO
Family Plans was created by MasterNABO
Joomla! 1.5.26
CB 1.8
CBSubs 1.3.0 RC2

Our Association offers Full membership subscriptions and Full members can also subscribe up to 4 Family members (at a reduced rate).

I have set up a parent Plan (Full) with four child plans (Fam Mem 1, Fam Mem 2, Fam Mem 3, Fam Mem 4). At Registration, the subscription plans are offered first so that the potential member can see the membership options and how much he will have to pay, followed by the registration form.

There are 3 CB Fields for each potential family member (Title 1, First Name 1, Surname 1, Title 2, First Name 2, Surname 2, Title 3, etc.). Is there a way that I can only display the fields for the selected Family Plans and hide the rest?

I have tried hiding the fields in the Full Plan settings, and then hiding the fields for subsequent family members in the Family Plans' settings, but the Full Plan's settings override the children's settings.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by MasterNABO. Reason: clarification

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199238 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Family Plans
You'll need to edit your non-family plans and hide those fields on the Workflows tab. This will only hide them on registration so you'll need CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection to then hide them on profile edit and profile view.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199295 by MasterNABO
Replied by MasterNABO on topic Re: Family Plans
Sorry, Kyle, but I tried that (see my first post) and the 12 Family fields are hidden. But when a new registrant selects one or more of the family subscriptions the family field remain hidden.

To clarify, at registration I offer the full membership (chosen by default) and the first of the family memberships. Selecting the latter should, as well as offering the second of the family memberships (and so on up to four), present the family fields for the first family member in the registration form.

Diagrammatically the Registration should offer:

Full Member Plan (Selected by Default)
Family Plan 1 (unselected)

.....contact details fields etc.

OR

Family Plan 1 (selected)
Family Plan 2 (unselected)

Family Member 1 fields

OR

Family Plan 1 (selected)
Family Plan 2 (selected)
Family Plan 3 (unselected)

Family Member 1 fields
Family Member 2 fields

etc.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by MasterNABO. Reason: adding required layout

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199297 by krileon
Unfortunately the feature you need does not exist. You'd need to show fields based off plan selection rather then hide fields, which isn't available. I recommend restructuring your plans so they can't select full membership at the same time as family. Maybe something like the below.

Full Membership (exclusive, hides family fields)
Family Membership (exclusive)
- Family 1
- Family 2
- Family 3

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #199302 by MasterNABO
Replied by MasterNABO on topic Re: Family Plans
Thanks for the clarification.

Would the CB Conditional Plugin allow me to achieve this, when it's working with CB Subs 1.3 Stable? Is CB Conditional compatible with Joomla 1.5?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199337 by krileon
No, CB Conditional has no way of knowing what plan is and is not selected. CB Conditional is compatible with J1.5 though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon