Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] A link on profile page for a certain user only

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199330 by TailorMadeSites
Hi there

Is it possible with CB to put a link in the profile page ONLY for a user (and it is visible only for that user too) ?

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199347 by krileon
Using a delimiter field with an IF substitution, sure. Please see tutorials within my signature for substitution usage information. Example as follows.

[cb:if user_id="42"]Content for only user 42.[/cb:if]
[cb:if user_id="myid"]Content only for me.[/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TailorMadeSites

12 years 5 months ago #199871 by TailorMadeSites
Replied by TailorMadeSites on topic Re: A link on profile page for a certain user only
Wow great functionality.

Hmm... what if I want to show thr field to MULTIPLE users...
is it possible to do it like

[cb:if user_id="42,23,85,44"]Content for only 4 users only.[/cb:if]

?

Thank you

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199889 by krileon
You'll have to use the "or" condition to add more users. Example as follows.

[cb:if user_id="42" or user_id="23" or user_id="85" or user_id="44"]Content for only 4 users only.[/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TailorMadeSites

12 years 5 months ago #199890 by TailorMadeSites
Replied by TailorMadeSites on topic Re: A link on profile page for a certain user only
Great and simple. Thank you

Cheers

12 years 5 months ago #200008 by TailorMadeSites
Hi

Just noticed that other users can actually see the field that I putted only for one user.
How can I hide it for other users? so ONLY the user which I'm putting the field can see it..

Thanks
Cheers

Moderators: beatnantkrileon