Skip to Content Skip to Menu

2Checkout fee

• ver
  • ver
12 years 5 months ago #199520 by ver
2Checkout fee was created by ver
Hi, i decided to increase the price of the product when the costumer pay using credit card because 2CO take a percentage.

So what is the best way to do that?

i try to change the price into 2Checkout, IE: i have a product $110
I change to 121 (10 %)and i made the purchase correctly. I recieve the email of 2CO with the new charge $121 my client too.

But...

I dont want to know using my email :blink:

i have 2 diferent payment metod: Offline and 2Checkout so i cant use any kind of tax into the basquet.

What can i do? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199524 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: 2Checkout fee
Change the price of the plan and change the price at 2CO then subsequent purchases will be at the new price. Auto recurring payments will of course fail as CBSubs will fail with currency mismatch and they'll need to manually renew (this is normal). Sorry, I can't speak for what 2CO emails out, but CBSubs doesn't email them for price changes.

The best approach is copy your plan, edit the copy, adjust its pricing, save it, then disable new subscriptions, upgrades, and renewals for your old plan. Once done enable your new plan and future users or users expired will need to purchase at the new price.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ver
  • ver
12 years 5 months ago #199632 by ver
Replied by ver on topic Re: 2Checkout fee
Hi Kile, you are a genius.

I dont know if you understand the problem this time.

I have 2 diferent payment method: Offline (cash) and credit cards using 2Checkout

When someone pay Offline (cash) everything OK

It is very simple $110 great!

But using credit card 2CO CHARGE ME a FEE ( not to much, its OK )

But I will not lose money because the customer use the credit card. ;)

What do you suggest?

The cost of the plan is $110

How can i CHARGE $10 to the costumer, if decide pay with credit card? :cheer:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199639 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: 2Checkout fee

But using credit card 2CO CHARGE ME a FEE ( not to much, its OK )

Of course, all gateways come with a fee. However, it's tax deductible if you're a business or self employed. Just write it off as a business expense.

How can i CHARGE $10 to the costumer, if decide pay with credit card?

I don't think you can. I would say using tax plugin or even promotional plugin, but I don't think they allow you to have a condition based off payment type.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon