Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Core Fields AJAX - log and trigger update events ?

12 years 5 months ago #199690 by pepperstreet
Since "krileon" extended the supported core fields :-) It becomes a very interesting and cool alternativ for the usual edit-profile link.

I am curious about the inner workings:

1.) What happens on updating profile fields via AJAX? Does it fire the usual ProfileUpdate events... I mean, do any other things react on those changes? i.e. CB AutoActions, ProfileLogger, maybe 3rdParty stuff like CB Profile Notifier

2.) If Mail notification is enabled, does it mean that each and every field change fires a new email ?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199691 by krileon

1.) What happens on updating profile fields via AJAX? Does it fire the usual ProfileUpdate events... I mean, do any other things react on those changes? i.e. CB AutoActions, ProfileLogger, maybe 3rdParty stuff like CB Profile Notifier

Yes, it fires the before and after profile update triggers.

2.) If Mail notification is enabled, does it mean that each and every field change fires a new email ?!

I guess so if it acts on that trigger. You can't update 10 AJAX fields all at once so it's not really a problem. It's as if a user edited their profile and only changed 1 field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

• Roland
  • Roland
12 years 5 months ago #201200 by Roland
Hello,

yes, it's great alternative to the profile edit. But for some fields/tabs (like guestbook settings, forum-settings) the profile-edit-page is also needed.

So, is there a way to disable all other (Core Ajax Fields) on the profile edit page?
Target is, to show only the tabs in profile edit, what have fields that not can be changed by core fields ajax.

Greetings, Roland

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201310 by krileon
No not that I am aware of. If you disable edit of a field it also disables its AJAX. I suppose you could just use CSS to hide them, but then that'd cause problems if 1 of them is empty yet set to required.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #201319 by pepperstreet

Roland wrote: So, is there a way to disable all other (Core Ajax Fields) on the profile edit page?
Target is, to show only the tabs in profile edit, what have fields that not can be changed by core fields ajax...

Good point. I am also interested in hiding the unwanted fields or whole tabs. Not an unusual request and makes sense since Ajax-edit supports all core fields.

@krileon
Is it possible to check if a fields has Ajax-edit mode ON? Maybe this is the easier part... but CBs build-in profile-edit is a more complex story, right?!

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201328 by krileon

Is it possible to check if a fields has Ajax-edit mode ON? Maybe this is the easier part... but CBs build-in profile-edit is a more complex story, right?!

It has to respect normal CB workflows or the saving and display processes will not work. Basically if it's not on profile edit then it can't be ajaxed. Best approach is to just use CSS I guess to hide it, but again that'll cause problems if the field is required (which is kind of pointless to be required and ajax?).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon