get row variable of viewed profile

• kbotnen
  • kbotnen
12 years 5 months ago #199753 by kbotnen
get row variable of viewed profile was created by kbotnen
Hi,

Im using the following trigger in a custom plugin

$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'onAfterLogin', array( &$row, $loggedIn ) );

The function I have created use the $row variable to store information if certain criterias are met.

Now I want to do the same criteria testing after a user have edited their profile, thus utilising one of the other triggers, like:

$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'onAfterUserUpdate', array( &$this, &$this, $oldUserComplete ) );
or (I dont know the differences between those two? backend frontend maybe?)
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'onAfterUpdateUser', array( &$this, &$this, $oldUserComplete ) );

my problem is that now I dont have the $row avaiable, so I cant manipulate and do $row-store();

My question is:

How can I get the $row of the viewed profile?

If I can manage to get the $row, I can use the same function or switch trigger (drop onAfterLogin in favor of onAfterUserUpdate / onAfterUpdateUser).

-K-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199763 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: get row variable of viewed profile
You're not acting on a trigger, but you're firing a trigger (not good). What are you trying to do exactly? If you're using a CB plugin then almost all of the CB functions pass the $user variable to it. Please review existing plugins for proper usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kbotnen
  • kbotnen
12 years 5 months ago #199766 by kbotnen
Replied by kbotnen on topic Re: get row variable of viewed profile
Hi,

The code was just to get the names of the triggers, and was copied from your site.

My actual code that fires after login is:

$_PLUGINS->registerFunction('onAfterLogin', 'onAfterLoginNW');

and I want this:

$_PLUGINS->registerFunction('onAfterUserUpdate', 'onAfterLoginNW');

the function onAfterLoginNw contains logic, and

function onAfterLoginNW($row, $loggedIn) {
global $_CB_framework, $_CB_database;
$myId = $_CB_framework->myId();
$cbUser = & CBuser::getInstance($myId);
if (!$cbUser) {
$cbUser = & CBuser::getInstance(null);
}
$user = & $cbUser->getUserData();

//logic goes here
$row->cb_groups = $mygroup;
$row->store();

}

so what I really want is to get the $row variable even If I call the function from another trigger (which does not provide the $row variable).

-K-

Moderators: beatnantkrileon