• Dorkyme
  • Dorkyme
12 years 5 months ago #199957 by Dorkyme
How to make links in lists DOFOLLOW? was created by Dorkyme
Hi!

How do I make links in lists dofollow?

Regards,
Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199960 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to make links in lists DOFOLLOW?
In userlists? What links? The row linking is JS based so it can't be followed by bots. Username and avatar links, etc.. are meant to follow and the only way to remove that is to custom display the username or avatar with a delimiter field, edit core code, or try using CB Auto Actions to add jQuery to the header with a Code action to append no follow to the links.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Dorkyme
  • Dorkyme
12 years 5 months ago #199988 by Dorkyme
Replied by Dorkyme on topic Re: How to make links in lists DOFOLLOW?
Yes in userlist. When listing up users in the list we want the website-urls to be dofollow, but if it is JS based we see the problem.
Good to know that the avatar links, username are dofollow.

Last question: Is the website-link, to the users website, under the tab contact info (on our site) on the users profile dofollow?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #200010 by krileon
As far as I am aware the only links in CB that have no follow is the web address fields. Everything else allows following. I can't speak for anything outside of CB, sorry. You can confirm what links do and do not by using Firebug to inspect the page and see if they have nofollow in the rel attribute.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Dorkyme
  • Dorkyme
12 years 5 months ago #200053 by Dorkyme
Replied by Dorkyme on topic Re: How to make links in lists DOFOLLOW?
Ok, that was what we thought.

It would have been nice to have an option making the web address fields DOfollow, since our users will benefit from that and make backlinks to their sites from our site, which maybe will make our site more popular..

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #200059 by krileon
Using CB Auto Actions you can strip the nofollow from the webaddress fields using JS or jQuery. You could also edit cb.core.php and remove it entirely from source (can't help you with this as we do not support core edits). I don't recommend letting bots leave your site to a web address your users can supply to anyway. It does not provide a link back as that only happens if they have a return URL on the same landing page and all this would accomplish is sending your SEO crawlers to their site for no benefit to you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon