Skip to Content Skip to Menu

update field, but show the lastest updates

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #200034 by melimesmots
update field, but show the lastest updates was created by melimesmots
Hi! I'm french , i hope my english is not too bad. The university seems so far away now... lol. I'll try my best in english you can be sure. ;)

In fact,I'm creating a website about "loosing weight".

I want the users can update their weight in profil. but keeping the old updates to see the evolution and with the ability to show time update. And the total weight lost if it's possible.
Do you think is possible with CB plugins or other?

I hope my english is not too bad, i can try again if you don't understand.

an exemple:
(the tab)->"weight updates"

(the fiels)->
123lbs 12/25/2011
130lbs 08/12/2010
135lbs 09/13/2009
140lbs 12/20/2009
150lbs 12/25/2008

Total since the begining: -27lbs.

Thank you for replys. :)
best regards B)
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by melimesmots. Reason: for spelling and grammar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #200055 by krileon
That's called a "Repeating Field", which we unfortunately do not have such a field (not until CB 2.0). It's possible you could use CB Auto Actions to catch the after profile update trigger, check if the field was changed in a condition, then using a query action push the value to a database table (you'd need to create such a table). Once done you'd use CB Query Field to pull the results and display them on profile as a list like you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon