[SOLVED] UPDATE Database Fields

• zapatista
  • zapatista
12 years 5 months ago #200663 by zapatista
Replied by zapatista on topic Re: UPDATE Database Fields
Also, it worked now.

I now have the following SELECT query:
Code:
SELECT #__TABLE1.project_position_id FROM #__TABLE1 INNER JOIN #__TABLE2 ON (#__TABLE1.person_id = #__TABLE2.id) WHERE #__TABLE2.user_id = [user_id]

I have to work with two tables to get the correct field in the database. How I create now the UPDATE with Auto Actions? The following experiment unfortunately led to no result:
Code:
UPDATE `#__TABLE1` SET `project_position_id` = '[cb_position]' INNER JOIN TABLE2 ON (TABLE1.person_id = #__TABLE2.id) WHERE #__TABLE2.user_id = [user_id]

Thanks,
Christian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #200668 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: UPDATE Database Fields
Please understand support is not here to assist in such requests. You need to contact a contract web developer or a database expert. What you're asking of me is far outside the scope of support (I am not here to write queries for you). You'll need to write and test this on your own as I have no clue how your database is setup (if it was a Joomla database table you needed info from I'd be more prone to help as I could actually test the query). You can review MYSQL documentation below for query structuring and SQL function information.

dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/index.html

Always test with debug mode and maximum error reporting set within Joomla global configuration so you can see if your queries fatal error and see what the problem is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

• zapatista
  • zapatista
12 years 5 months ago #200691 by zapatista
Almost everything is in Joomla, CB and other components written in PHP and SQL. So what I'm paying for now actually support? If I committed a web developer, I do not need more Joomla and CB. For such simple questions, I expect support. Or there are finally detailed written documentations with examples.
Anyway, I look once more into other forums.
Thank you for helping.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #200699 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: UPDATE Database Fields
Just because CB uses MYSQL and PHP doesn't mean our support is here to teach you how to write SQL for a database that has no relevance to CBs. A support subscription is not for a personal web developer. We're here to help with CB relevant issues; not to develop your site for you.

I've already extensively helped you with your queries and there's nothing further I can help with. It wouldn't even be possible for me to further help because I don't know the structure of the database you're trying to query and I have absolutely no way to even test any query I'd provide you. I also provided you with the exact settings you would use for your CB Auto Actions and whatever query you input is completely up to you and I am not here to provide said query for you.

I try to help the most I can, but you've hit the limit of how I can help you as again I don't have the slightest clue how your database is setup nor do I have a means to test such a query, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• zapatista
  • zapatista
12 years 5 months ago #200754 by zapatista
Everything is OK. I just wanted to thank you for the help so far. No one should develop my site. I've been doing it myself. My "query" here was all about assistance with SQL in conjunction with the CB plugins. Again, thanks for the help. But I still do not know the exact contents of the Pro-support - then I'll have to read the terms closely.

Christian

Moderators: beatnantkrileon