Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Blogs menu link

• wolfsauge
  • wolfsauge
12 years 5 months ago #200294 by wolfsauge
CB Blogs menu link was created by wolfsauge
Hi,
Is it possible to have a CB Blogs link in the main menu? And how would I do that? Does anybody know?
Best wishes
Dirk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 5 months ago #200309 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Blogs menu link
[mod note: moved to Pro area - please post here as a Pro member in the future]

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #200325 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Blogs menu link
CB Blogs doesn't have or need a menu link. It's completely managed from your profile on the Blogs tab. You can have a tab opened by default by adding &tab=TAB_NAMEorTAB_IDorTAB_CLASS to the CB profile URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• wolfsauge
  • wolfsauge
12 years 5 months ago #200392 by wolfsauge
Replied by wolfsauge on topic Re: CB Blogs menu link

krileon wrote: CB Blogs doesn't have or need a menu link.

I am afraid I disagree. I need a blog-page that is visible for all visitors, not just registered users after having logged in.
Still hesitating if I should install Easyblog, but why should I have two different blogs? A simple CB Blog link in the main menu would be perfect and make such considerations obsolete.
Best wishes
Dirk

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #200420 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Blogs menu link

I am afraid I disagree. I need a blog-page that is visible for all visitors, not just registered users after having logged in.

CB Blogs stores blogs to the CMS (Joomla) so any link to your Joomla content category that you store blogs to will work fine. You need to be more detailed about what you want to link to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wolfsauge

• wolfsauge
  • wolfsauge
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #201646 by wolfsauge
Replied by wolfsauge on topic Re: CB Blogs menu link
Thanks for replying.
I created a category weblogs, added a link to the menu and got nowhere (empty page). Then I wrote a testblog, checking again - nothing. The module latest blog however does show it.
Went to the backend checking the configuration: Select the external CMS content section where blogs will be stored as well as blog categories used - looks alright category Weblogs). But the backend's blog administration tells me There currently are no blogs, although the testblog should be there. Very confusing.
Right now clicking the entries in the latest blogs module seems the only way to see the blogs but in order to read them one has to log in.
Is there another solution?
Best wishes
Dirk
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by wolfsauge.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon