Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Blogs menu link

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201700 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Blogs menu link
Joomla version? CB version? CB Blogs version? Below are proper setup instructions.

J1.5:
Create a Section called "Blogs"
Select that Section in CB Blogs configuration
Now create categories in the "Blogs" section
You should now have a working CB Blogs install on J1.5

J2.5
Create a Category called "Blogs"
Select that Category in CB Blogs configuration as the Section
Now create categories in the "Blogs" category
You should now have a working CB Blogs install on J2.5

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wolfsauge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wolfsauge
  • wolfsauge
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #201765 by wolfsauge
Replied by wolfsauge on topic Re: CB Blogs menu link
Thank you for helping.
It is the latest version of Joomla, CB and CB Blogs.
Only one little problem: the link in the "latest blogs" module leads to "Please log in or register to view user profiles" while the link in the main menu shows the blog to unregistered visitors, which is intended.
How can I take this one last step to have everything working perfect? Is there a way to make the title of a blog entry in the module clickable?
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by wolfsauge.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201811 by krileon
There is no latest blogs module for CB Blogs. It stores blogs to the CMS content. So any module or Joomla links to content sections, categories, or articles also apply to CB Blogs. For example create a category list layout Joomla menu link to "Blogs".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• wolfsauge
  • wolfsauge
12 years 4 months ago #201857 by wolfsauge
I see I have to learn to be more specific, sorry 'bout that :(
I use mod_cbpblatest, chose "blog" in the mode-field and "5" as limit - hoping the module would show the last 5 blog entries.
However the module behaves unexpectedly, it shows an old test-entry(which I thought I had deleted) "User wrote a new blog 'blogtitle' 06/03/2012". Clicking "user" leads to his profile page, which is not visible when you are not logged in, and there is no link to the entry itself.
If the module showed the actual title and a link to the entry, everything would be great.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201889 by krileon
Profilebook Latest is to show Proilebook entries; it has no relation to CB Blogs.

However the module behaves unexpectedly, it shows an old test-entry(which I thought I had deleted) "User wrote a new blog 'blogtitle' 06/03/2012". Clicking "user" leads to his profile page, which is not visible when you are not logged in, and there is no link to the entry itself.

That's working as intended however not showing a link to Public users likely means the formatname field is on a tab that is not accessible to Public users as tab access determines field access. Ensure the tab formatname field is on is public and published.

If the module showed the actual title and a link to the entry, everything would be great.

It's possible to show the title, but linking to the entry exactly isn't possible as it's a tab on users profile so linking to that tab (which it does already) should be fine. As the module is substitution based however you can customize it to display whatever you like. Simply edit the module and adjust the textareas to your liking with text, HTML, and substitutions (see tutorials within signature for substitution usage information).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• wolfsauge
  • wolfsauge
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #201900 by wolfsauge
Oh god, I start to understand my errors, very confused since PB can be used as blog and I must have mixed it up with the "real" cb blog, this could not work. How embarassing....
So many thanks for your patience!!!
Sorry for wasting your time.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by wolfsauge.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon