Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB connect Error

• saadimor
  • saadimor
12 years 5 months ago #200604 by saadimor
CB connect Error was created by saadimor
Hi,
I am trying to connect Facebook and my site, but it is giving the error "Your registration is not yet complete" "Not authorized" (though the user profile is already approved and active). I don't know what is happening. I have made my fb email and CB profile email same, but returning the same error. I can comment to facebook from my site by using default CB login. But I am unable to connect to my site using fb userid. Please advice me how can I get rid of this problem?

What I have already done:
1. CB connect published
2. verified application created in fb
3. The default setting in CB connect for FB unchanged

I look forward to your reply. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #200643 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB connect Error
You're missing a public and published Joomla menu link. Disable SEF and review the Itemid in the URL to see what menu link it belongs to and make that link public and published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

• saadimor
  • saadimor
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #200684 by saadimor
Replied by saadimor on topic Re: CB connect Error
Hello krileon,
Thanks for your reply. I disabled SEF and tried to check the itemid. When I try to login through FB sign in its validated by facebook and redirects me to the homepage of the site that is already published. Also I downloaded the user guide from Advance member download and followed as it is, but no luck. My question what are the requirements to login to my site through FB sign in?

1. Is it mendatory to have the same username, email address in both CB and facebook account?
2. I disabled Register as I don't want my users registers with facebook. Though I tried both way enabling and disabling.
3. User Group- Default CMS, Approval and Confirmation - Default CMS (though I tried all available combination)
4. In the fields tab, I configured nothing. It is as it comes with installation.

My site url: Recruiting Team

I can't understand how to handle this situation. Please help. Thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by saadimor.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #200695 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB connect Error

1. Is it mendatory to have the same username, email address in both CB and facebook account?

Don't understand the question. Username and all of the other primary data is handled already by the plugin.

2. I disabled Register as I don't want my users registers with facebook. Though I tried both way enabling and disabling.

If you disable Registration then you need to first login to your CB account and click "Link". Afterwards you can then login with your Facebook account.

If you get a Not Authorized error, again, you need a public and published Joomla menu link to CBs profile. This is outlined in detail, multiple times, in your CB documentation. Check your Joomla links and see if there is a link going to CB and make it public/published then keep trying until you no longer see not authorized.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon