Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Some question about Cb connect

• Hertak
  • Hertak
12 years 5 months ago #200605 by Hertak
Some question about Cb connect was created by Hertak
I have a little problem with the link profile with facebook account.
I register an account on the site with a yahoo account that yahaoo account is the facebook acc when i try to link my account through facebook the message say´s "id in use"
When i try to login directly with FB acc say´s "Please complete the username and password fields."
I use CB connect on another site and all works fine.

The other thing i need a custom button to login with Linkedin Is this possible? i need put the button on a custom html because is a very special presentation, and put the button on profile to link existing acc.
Is this possible Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #200644 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Some question about Cb connect

I register an account on the site with a yahoo account that yahaoo account is the facebook acc when i try to link my account through facebook the message say´s "id in use"
When i try to login directly with FB acc say´s "Please complete the username and password fields."
I use CB connect on another site and all works fine.

Sounds like your Facebook ID is tied to an invalid user. Check within CB Connect > Connected to see if your Facebook account is tied to any CB account.

The other thing i need a custom button to login with Linkedin Is this possible? i need put the button on a custom html because is a very special presentation, and put the button on profile to link existing acc.
Is this possible Thanks.

As long as the CB login module is present on the page you can use CB Connect API. For example you can do the below to present a login dialog.
Code:
<a href="javascript: void(0);" onclick="linkedin_login()">Login</a>

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Hertak
  • Hertak
12 years 5 months ago #200657 by Hertak
Replied by Hertak on topic Re: Some question about Cb connect
Thanks, i try. I don´t know the problem with CB connect there no are any user with those e-mail. Don´t show any user from hotmail This is normal? The user can register an login whitout problem but on the backend the user is created but on cb connect is not listed, is this comun

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #200666 by krileon
Please ensure your Facebook account is a full Facebook account. Business accounts will not work (Facebooks API doesn't return the proper data). Backed under Connected only shows the users that have a connected site ID linked to their account. Please ensure you're using CB 1.8 with latest release of CB Connect (3.3.4).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Hertak
  • Hertak
12 years 5 months ago #200670 by Hertak
Replied by Hertak on topic Re: Some question about Cb connect
This is solved, i sincronize users and the login and link works perfect. Thanks
On the conected panel the user only show facebook, linkedin and twitter don´t sow Hotmail.
Is there a way to reimport the picture profile of the user every time use facebook login? i maped the fields but dosn´t works. Is this possible?
Thank you.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #200672 by krileon

On the conected panel the user only show facebook, linkedin and twitter don´t sow Hotmail.

By Hotmail you're referring to Windows Live? You need to configure it as instructed in the backend Help. If is already configured ensure it's Enabled.

Is there a way to reimport the picture profile of the user every time use facebook login?

No.

i maped the fields but dosn´t works. Is this possible?

Don't map the avatar field; that is synchronized automatically if a Facebook avatar can be retrieved. Mapping only works for registration. It does not fire after login and it does not fire if you link to an existing account.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon