Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Tab/Field shown to user only

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #201140 by herzenssache
[SOLVED] CB Tab/Field shown to user only was created by herzenssache
Dear Support Team,

I searched through the forums and found related items, but not specifically this one:

We set up a Tab that includes a field called "My personal Discount Code".
This code is added in the backend in the user management option by the admin.

We would like to display the Tab to the specific user only, that owns the code.
So it should not be shown to other users.

I know already that this is not a matter of "read only", nor the privacy plugin does help - as here the user would have to select to show it to him only.

We would like to have it shown by default only to the specific user (similar to the password or email field). Important: only people who purchased individual discount codes get a personalised code (so not group discount codes).

Am I missing something or is there a trick to do it?

Thank you,
Matthias
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #201169 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Tab/Field shown to user only
Best way to do this is to move the tab to a not shown on profile tab position. Then using a delimiter field in another tab to display it using an IF substitution to ensure only the user can see it. Example of IF substitution as follows.

[cb:if user="myid"][cb_discountcode][/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: herzenssache

12 years 5 months ago #201178 by herzenssache
Replied by herzenssache on topic Re: CB Tab/Field shown to user only
Thank you Kyle,

it worked. Just a note for other people searching:

I used: [cb:if user_id="myid"] instead of [cb:if user="myid"]

all the best,
Matthias

Moderators: beatnantkrileon