Skip to Content Skip to Menu

E-mail trigger depending on registration field

12 years 4 months ago #201285 by pjfroelofs
I'm looking for a 2 kinds of triggers:

1. That sends the administrator an email when a member changed a specific profile-field.
That field has 2 states, say A and B. Default is A, but when a member edits and changes it in his profile to B, an email had to be send to the admin.

2. Our CB website had a silent registration.
So admins do not have to activate new users.
But the admin should receive an email, when a new member registers to the community with the B-option selected. (B is referring to the previous 2-state field)

Please advise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201322 by krileon

1. That sends the administrator an email when a member changed a specific profile-field.
That field has 2 states, say A and B. Default is A, but when a member edits and changes it in his profile to B, an email had to be send to the admin.

Believe incubator project CB Profile Update Logger does all this for you. Otherwise you could use CB Auto Actions to do this after the profile update trigger then check if [FIELDNAME] is not equal to [var3_FIELDNAME]) (I think it's var3, I can't recall; maybe var4).

2. Our CB website had a silent registration.
So admins do not have to activate new users.
But the admin should receive an email, when a new member registers to the community with the B-option selected. (B is referring to the previous 2-state field)

You should still get new registration emails assuming you've CB configured within CB > Configuration > Moderation to send moderator emails. You'd then need to edit your user in CB > User Management and set your user to receive moderator emails. Alternatively CB Auto Actions with an email action using the after registration trigger can do this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon