Skip to Content Skip to Menu

2Checkout Argentine peso

• ver
  • ver
12 years 4 months ago #201418 by ver
2Checkout Argentine peso was created by ver
Hi, I have two kind of gateways: offline payment and 2Checkout.

The question is: Why 2CO making the payment in dollar to my costumers?

sorry but maybe i dont understand at all :blush:

I set all the parameters to make the operation in argentine peso.

2CO accept argentine peso.

this is my configuration for 2CO gateway:

This is my configuration for every plan:

This is what the costumers see when they paid using 2CO:

ARS means Argentine Pesos

But...

When the costumer recieve the resume see the mont in dollar ( in this case 23 dollar )

So they call me and says, Hey why in dollar?? I want to cancel my suscription

Of course, because in Argentina 1 dollar means 6 Pesos and is impossible to get some dollars here...

I thought that was charged in Pesos :blush:

Maybe i need to try another gateway, someone who accept pesos, charge in pesos and take his percentage in pesos, everything in pesos. exist? :unsure:

Or there are something that i need to do on 2CO? :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 4 months ago #201428 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: 2Checkout Argentine peso
versions please.

was this working before?

• ver
  • ver
12 years 4 months ago #201470 by ver
Replied by ver on topic Re: 2Checkout Argentine peso
hi Nick, i have the last version of CB Subs 2.0.1 and CB 1.8 and using the 2Checkout plugin 2.0.1

I dont know if this working before, because the first user who paid the suscription using credit card with 2 Checkout, cancel the suscription because the resume of his credit card charge in dollars.

• beat
  • beat
12 years 4 months ago #201487 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: 2Checkout Argentine peso
2co's main accounting currency is USD. But you can select in which currency you want to get paid in 2co's backend. This may vary by country, but best is to call up 2co to verify with them directly which currencies are available in your country.

All acquirers make a substantial part of their revenues with automated currency conversions. Worst case scenario with 2co is:

Customer gets bill in Argentina pesos.
1. He selects to pay in US dollars, but 2co will convert his bill to pesos (with markup for customer).
2. Your invoice being in pesos, you get pesos, but it gets converted to US dollars automatically, with markup for you.
3. You select to be paid in Euros, then again it gets converted in Euros, with markup for you once more.

So acquirers can sometimes make more margin on currency exchanges than on credit-card commissions...

Most acquirers work that way, so it's really up to you to setup all currencies flows with them to avoid conversions. But then...if a currency changes a lot (and large currencies do that these days too), you might have less currency-conversion risks by having the change made at sale time then weeks later after payout...

Which local payment services provider do you have in Argentinia ? what's their API (url, in English if possible) ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon