Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Issues with new users

12 years 4 months ago #201608 by Stryker412
Issues with new users was created by Stryker412
I have v1.8 of CB installed along with the CB Facebook/Twitter connect. If a new user registers the normal way (without a social media connection). Then wants to sign in later using FB/Twitter a new account is created.

Why is there not a register with FB/Twitter option when first signing on? This is confusing to new members.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #201696 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Issues with new users

Then wants to sign in later using FB/Twitter a new account is created.

They can, after they login click Link to link the two accounts together and they can not login with a social site.

Why is there not a register with FB/Twitter option when first signing on?

Display login on registration and you'll have the social site buttons now available there. See CB > Configuration > Registration to enable login on registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by krileon.

12 years 4 months ago #201702 by Stryker412
Replied by Stryker412 on topic Re: Issues with new users
This is what I have and login on registration is enabled.

On the right side (registration) there are no social media icons that would tell the user who is registering for the first time that they can do so with their twitter/facebook.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201725 by krileon
Of course not, it displays in the login form which is shown directly to the left. Why would it have icons in the registration form. You can add text to registration to inform the user with a delimiter field if you wanted for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #201732 by Stryker412
Replied by Stryker412 on topic Re: Issues with new users

krileon wrote: Of course not, it displays in the login form which is shown directly to the left. Why would it have icons in the registration form. You can add text to registration to inform the user with a delimiter field if you wanted for example.

Because for someone who is not familiar with how CB works, it is confusing. Most (if not all) sites that use social media for registration have somewhere that says register with your FB or Twitter. Here on the left it looks as though you would already have to be registered before you could login using FB or Twitter.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201735 by krileon
Sorry, but that's simply how it is designed. The button is a language string so you can change it to include register or sign in if you like. You can also add text to the registration page using a delimiter field if needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon