Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Queries maybe? To pull fields of a specific group?

12 years 4 months ago #202174 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic Re: Queries maybe? To pull fields of a specific group?
Still having problems. It works fine if im logged in for all usergroups but does not seem to work for users who are guests / logged out. No traces of the query field is displayed in the article.

This is whats in the article:
<center><div style="width: 890px;">{cb:[cb:userfield field="cb_testquery" /]}</div></center><br><br>

In guest mode everything displayed but the CB snippet. Ends up looking like this.

<center><div style="width: 890px;"></div></center><br><br>

Im sure I set all the permissions correct. Not sure why this is happening.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #202190 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic Re: Queries maybe? To pull fields of a specific group?
Can't seem to get the query field to display in public / guest mode either using content bot inside the article or using the CB content Module. What am I doing wrong?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202244 by krileon
Substitutions are based off the person viewing the article. If you're not logged in then there's nothing to substitution. You need to specify the user="" attribute on the substitution to force it to render. Example as follows.

[cb:userfield field="cb_testquery" user="42" /]

If the query is generic and not user specific then it doesn't particularly matter which user id you use.

The tab the field is on also needs to be Public and Published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

12 years 4 months ago #202260 by pepperstreet

krileon wrote: [cb:userfield field="cb_testquery" user="42" /]

42 is the ultimate answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything! ;-)

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202265 by krileon

pepperstreet wrote:

krileon wrote: [cb:userfield field="cb_testquery" user="42" /]

42 is the ultimate answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything! ;-)

:ohmy: :laugh:

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon