Skip to Content Skip to Menu

problem whith users registration

• mfe13
  • mfe13
12 years 4 months ago #201842 by mfe13
problem whith users registration was created by mfe13
hello,

I have this recurring problem whith users registration. Cb and Cbsubs have the latest updates.
There is only one possibility to register with a free plan but sometimes, a member can register without any plans! And for this user, sometimes, the birthdays and avatar fields are not completed as they are required!
Do you know how to fix it ?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201894 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: problem whith users registration
Only way I can think of this happening is they're registering through Joomla or they're registering with Facebook Connect, Twitter Connect, or CB Connect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mfe13
  • mfe13
12 years 4 months ago #201897 by mfe13
Replied by mfe13 on topic Re: problem whith users registration

krileon wrote: ... registering with Facebook Connect, Twitter Connect, or CB Connect.

Yes but these plugins are not activated and Joomla registration is Off, only registration by CB.
Is it possible that a date fields (eg date of birth) on the registration page can create this problem because some of these members no longer have the field in their profile?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201908 by krileon
I've no idea without looking and testing a registration my self. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will attempt to register to see what happens. I can't think of anything causing this unless they backed out of a paid subscription for whatever reason and logged in and thus didn't have a subscription, but it doesn't explain the date field missing a value unless the field isn't set as required or is hidden by a plan they don't have.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201918 by krileon

the birthdays and avatar fields are not completed as they are required!

The user does have a Birthday specified. You just have the field setup to show Age. Notice there is "Age" on the users profile and directly after it it says "23 ans".

Regarding the Avatar this can happen if validation on the field values, but it still passes the required (they specified an image, but the image failed the remaining validation) and it continues through with the registration anyway. This is actually a bug in CB it self (you discovered this issue yourself).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3547

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• mfe13
  • mfe13
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #201925 by mfe13
Replied by mfe13 on topic Re: problem whith users registration
Well, I take.
It's random, sometimes missing the avatar and I understood your explanation. (see img)

Sometimes dates are missing and I still do not understand. (see img)

Sometimes the two are missing. So if the weight of image is too large, the recording process continues but without any plan, is that right?
So it's not a problem in my installation joomla?
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by mfe13.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon