Skip to Content Skip to Menu

problem whith users registration

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201973 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: problem whith users registration
The profile image issue does appear to be a bug. This can happen if validation fails during the upload process (image too large, etc..) and using CBSubs as it continues on to CBSubs instead of erroring and stopping the process. I have not confirmed this bug, but have created a bug ticket for investigation as this would seam what is happening.

Regarding the date fields I've no idea. It seams to be displaying and storing fine from what I can tell. Perhaps this is experiencing the same issue and validation isn't working right on your install at all.

It makes no sense you're experiencing this randomly however, it should be easily repeatable and without a way to repeat the issue (you'll need to test and discover how to repeat it) there's nothing I can really do to fix it as I can't investigate a random issue. Review users with this problem and try to find something common between them to see what could've caused it. Maybe you have a CBSubs plan setting those fields as empty, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mfe13
  • mfe13
12 years 4 months ago #201992 by mfe13
Replied by mfe13 on topic Re: problem whith users registration
For the date, I can not reproduce. The fields do not appear in the user profile but appear in backend so, I added a false date and fields appears in the profile, then the user can change it. this is my only solution now!
For the image I put 4000ko!

But the biggest problem is this: I have 44 users who have no plan and I can't switch to Plan A in the backend because this plan A is absent in their profile!

Since 2 weeks, I already made + 50 test but I can not reproduce the error was, it's crazy!

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202005 by krileon
I believe they're ending up with no plan by registering, getting to the plan payment process, then cancelling the basket.. this would still have them registered but they'd have no active plan. If you want to force users into having a subscription you need to have the following set to disallow free registrations and they shouldn't be able to login without a plan.

CBSubs > Settings > Global > "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions):" > "Yes"

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by krileon.

• mfe13
  • mfe13
12 years 4 months ago #202012 by mfe13
I have only one plan "free for life" on the registration page.
The other plans are activated only when needed.
But I don't understand, I had understood the contrary on this post.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/200794-several-problems-since-update-201-and-20-cb#200911

Well I'll put on "no" and I'll wait ...

• mfe13
  • mfe13
12 years 4 months ago #202047 by mfe13
Ok, by setting "no", the problem of the plan is set even if there is no picture.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202087 by krileon
Sorry, I meant to say set it to "Yes". Reply edited.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon