Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] User Image / Avatar Not Showing in Profile

• mbond
  • mbond
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #201984 by mbond
We cannot seem to get the user's image / avatar to show in their user profile. It doesn't matter if the user selects one of the default CB avatars or they upload one. The only image that shows is the "pending_n.png" file.

I have attached a copy of our Joomla debug info for the Profile page. This is from our DEV server but the same thing is happening on our PROD server.

Suggestions?

Michael
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202001 by krileon
That's a fatal error so it's possible it could be stopping the upload. It's not coming from CB though. It appears to be coming from your Joomla template (bluewater_learning_template). Please switch to default Joomla template and see if the fatal error is gone then attempt to upload a image.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mbond
  • mbond
12 years 4 months ago #202021 by mbond
I have tried 3 different free Joomla 2.5 templates that I downloaded from the Internet and it has not resolved the problem. Do you have one in particular that you know works? I deleted the stock ones that came with Joomla 2.5.

• mbond
  • mbond
12 years 4 months ago #202023 by mbond
I tried my site in the Beez2 - default template and image did not appear. These are the errors that were shown:

Notice: Undefined property: JUser::$avatar in /imedia/users/BW-Linux/htdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php on line 2799

Notice: Undefined property: JUser::$avatarapproved in /imedia/users/BW-Linux/htdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php on line 2800

Notice: Undefined property: JUser::$avatar in /imedia/users/BW-Linux/htdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php on line 2393

Notice: Undefined property: JUser::$hits in /imedia/users/BW-Linux/htdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php on line 3205

Thoughts?

Michael

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202084 by krileon
JUser? That's not right. Something is using a CB trigger and changing $user (as it's by reference) to a JUser object. Disable 3rd party CB plugins 1 by 1 until resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mbond
  • mbond
12 years 4 months ago #202090 by mbond
I found the 3rd party plugin that was causing the problem. When I disabled it that fixed the issue. Thanks for the suggestion!

Michael

Moderators: beatnantkrileon