Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Pages rendering as source code

• houfton
  • houfton
12 years 4 months ago #202051 by houfton
Pages rendering as source code was created by houfton
I have a major problem which suddenly occurred yesterday on a site that has been running OK for months. Certain pages are rendering as plain text source code rather than html. I do not think I made any dramatic changes recently to cause this.

Looking at the headers in Firebug it says that the Content-Type is text/javascript (rather than text/html on working pages) and the console gives this warning: "Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type text/javascript".

The server administrator suggested that it might be a problem with Community Builder. I have upgraded this morning to CB 1.8 but the problem persists.

Can you help? I am on Joomla!1.5.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202088 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Pages rendering as source code

The server administrator suggested that it might be a problem with Community Builder.

Is there any basis for this claim? It's rather bold with no proof or debugging information. I don't see how or why CB would do this.

As far as I am aware this can only happen if for whatever reason there is an unclosed PHP tag perhaps or there's a system plugin that's altering the buffer. Try disabling 3rd party CB plugins 1 by until resolved. If not then repeat with Joomla system plugins.

More details on what pages exactly are doing this would also be of help. Review the code that is rendered raw and see where it's coming from will also give clues of what's causing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• houfton
  • houfton
12 years 4 months ago #202110 by houfton
Replied by houfton on topic Re: Pages rendering as source code
I honestly did not mean you to read "suggested that it might" as a rather bold claim!

Thank you for your pointers, I will follow them up.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon