Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Conditional - defining user registration tabs

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202152 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB Conditional - defining user registration tabs

travelmonkee123 wrote: "a.) Regarding your screenshot: You can use a field of type "Delimiter" for an HTML formated term."

How would I go about doing that?

All these are CB basics. Please, have a quick look and search in CB manual. Play with all available Field types! There are also some valuable help tooltips and hints in backend. Learning by doing is the best you can do!

A "Delimiter" is one of CBs standard field types. It can be used to display all kind of HTML formatted content.

I have three types of user; Customer, Technician, Salesperson (for example). The first question is are you a customer or worker? (So doesn't directly relate to a field in field management).

Sorry, i don't understand. You know your application and purposes better than me. YOU have to decide WHAT information you want to store. You have to choose a field type, that suits your application.
Sometimes you need a simple value of YES/NO (checkbox). Sometimes you need an exact term (single select), or sometimes you give the user a multiple choice... that really depends on YOUR needs.
If you want to display a certain value on the profile, than you need readable terms. If you just need a condition you may use a checkbox...
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by pepperstreet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #202153 by travelmonkee123
Replied by travelmonkee123 on topic Re: CB Conditional - defining user registration tabs
So fields aren't database stored fields associated with users?
Okay, I'll see what I can dig up on it.

I mean I have a 'profile type' field but I can't straight use that, I need an two intermediary input groups to figure out what value gets stored.

Are you a customer? (yes/no)
(If no) Are you a technician? (yes/no)

From those questions we can gather what profile type is needed and what registration pages they should fill out.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202154 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB Conditional - defining user registration tabs
Actually, all fields belong to each CB user. You can´t assign certain fields to a group of users (physically). Its just a matter of what value you store for each user... and later on, what fields are displayed and editable.

All this can be controlled with CB Conditional; CB Privacy; Substitutions or CBsubs (incl. payment! .

If I understand your last posts, you have a minimum of 2 steps/questions to set the actual usertype. Just "group" your possible answers... in other words: Use a checkbox to display your next fields.

If you like readable values, you can also use a selectbox with the term "customer". Than you have to check this exact term in CB conditional parameters! If you need to display this term later on... maybe the better solution.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by pepperstreet.

12 years 4 months ago #202155 by travelmonkee123
Replied by travelmonkee123 on topic Re: CB Conditional - defining user registration tabs
I have the first Radio field showing up. I can't figure out how to get the Conditional on the side to display the next one if BUSINESS is selected.

I don't like the setup of fields, but that can be sorted later on. Now I need to get these pages up, lol.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon