Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Content Module Menu doesn't show on cb1.8

• letssee
  • letssee
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202171 by letssee
I just upgraded from cb1.7 to 1.8 on a J1.5.25, everything went ok and did the usual checks (this is not the first cb upgrade on my system). The only thing that doesn't work is the cb content module where I used to show the menu tab. Immediately after the upgrade it disappeared. I checked the module version and it was 1.2 so I supposed it wasn't compatible with cb 1.8 and I upgraded it to 1.4 by installing it on top of the old one.
The problem still exists and I don't know what to do. I deactivated other modules shown on the same page to look for conflicts but couldn't find anything (although another instance of cb connect seemed to interact with cblogin) and also tested it in other pages without other modules but the menu didn't appear.
I tried to show the menu tab on the profile page since I don't have it elsewhere now but the tab doesn't appear. Usually I have the tab in the not shown on profile positions. It's not a css problem, and I don't know why it doesn't show. This happens only for the cb menu tab.
Finally I haven't checked for some time the params of the menu tab and menu plugin but is it ok that they look so "raw" as in the attached screenshot or it means a problem?
I would really appreciate your help.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202240 by krileon
Looks like CB Menu isn't loading properly. Was it edited in any way? Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration then try editing the CB Menu plugin from CB > Plugin Management to see if any fatal errors are present as it's possible something is preventing its XML from properly loading. Have you tried reinstalling CB 1.8 (just install it on top of it self)?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• letssee
  • letssee
12 years 4 months ago #202261 by letssee
No I haven't edited anything. However I managed to fix it and although I don't know exactly what did the trick I'll write down here the changes I made just for reference.
  • I installed version 3.0.4 of CB Blogs plugin as it was v 2.3 because I saw that it was looking "raw" too and after the upgrade it got fixed.
  • I uninstalled and reinstalled another 3p plugin that was appearing raw too and it got fixed.
  • After these changes things got back to normal in terms of "raw appearance" for the menu tab and some others.
  • Concerning the menu tab showing though:
  • I discovered accidentally by experimenting that the menu was not shown because there was a mismatch of access rights between the tab and the plugin that occurred in other tabs too. Now they are both set to "public" and "All registered users" and show properly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon