Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Integration with Virtuemart 1.1.9

• austega
  • austega
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202175 by austega
Integration with Virtuemart 1.1.9 was created by austega
Hi guys,

I have CB 1.8 and CBS 2.01 installed on a J1.5.26 test site which has Virtuemart 1.1.9 operating. This will be updated to VM2 at some stage, but not until after the site has moved to J2.5.

I am trying to understand my options in avoiding the problem that an unlogged in user proceeding to VM checkout gets a message "User registration is disabled, it must be enabled in order to proceed."

I understand that this is a result of my CB/global settings that turns off Joomla registration to ensure that all registration/logins occur via CB, but it is not a good look.

I have tracked down some posts that seem to say that this is just the way it is for VM1 (though it should be improved for VM2 which uses the default Joomla login/registration?). See www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/176250-integrate-cb-with-virtuemart [/url].

I have set but not yet tested the sync in the CB Virtuemart plugin - which I understand will pass the CB info across to VM so that a user does not have to provide it again.

I did not really understand - and could not find any documentation for - the role of CB Auto Actions in this integration - as per the following post www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/200851-auto-action-virtuemart-difficulties#200905 . I am thinking that this allows a similar but perhaps more flexible functionality as the CB Virtuemart plugin, though it only seems to support VM2 and not VM1. I would appreciate this being confirmed or being pointed in the right direction.

Outside the Joomapolis space I find Target Mail for J1.5. This promises to avoid the VM checkout problem for non-logged in users, but at the expense of having a different (and less customisable) registration process for shoppers than for those who register other than via the shop.

Apart from any general guidance, I am seeking particular answers to:
  1. Where can I read more about the integration options both now for VM1 and later for VM2?
  2. What does CB Auto Actions offer in this space?
  3. In the meantime is my main option to find the above VM error message language string and replace it with an annotated link to the CB Login/Registration page? And if a non-logged in user does go and register/login, will they lose their VM shopping cart details in doing so?

Thanks for your help.

David
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by austega.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• austega
  • austega
12 years 4 months ago #202196 by austega
Replied by austega on topic Re: Integration with Virtuemart 1.1.9
Update.

I gather from www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/193533-plugcbvirtuemart-instal-error-in-joomla-173 that CB Virtuemart has been deprecated and effectively replaced by CB Auto Actions.

My problem is that although elsewhere Auto Actions is referenced as allowing VM1 actions I cannot see this is the dropdown - only VM2, which if used returns the message VM2 installation not found. I have installed the latest plug_cbautoactions-300.zip.

I am still unable to find any documentation for Auto Actions, so I may be missing something obvious.

David

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202246 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Integration with Virtuemart 1.1.9
Latest release of CB Auto Actions depreciated VM 1.x. There's no means to further test and ensure it works as we've all migrated development installs to J2.5 as well as support for VM 1.x is dropped. Regardless of this there is no solution as even CB Auto Actions could not fix the registration/login issues of VM 1.x. So unfortunately there is no solution for VM 1.x, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• austega
  • austega
12 years 4 months ago #202306 by austega
Replied by austega on topic Re: Integration with Virtuemart 1.1.9
OK, Kyle, will do a rethink of the project development path then...

To do this I need more info on the interaction between VM2 and the CB/CBS suite - syncing the data between them and ideally having a non-logged in user using VM referred to the CB Login/Registration on checkout.

Can you advise/point me to where the best reference material is?

Thanks - David

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202350 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Integration with Virtuemart 1.1.9
CB Auto Actions can sync data to VM 2.x after login or any other trigger of your choosing. As VM 2.x now uses an extended _users table there's no longer any login or registration issues that are present in VM 1.x. Latest CBSubs also supports VM 2.x. Regarding VM 2.x registration I can't say for sure; I suppose you just disable it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #202615 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Re: Integration with Virtuemart 1.1.9
I was so pleased to learn that the log-in issues with CB/VM appear to be resolved in VM2 that I did some investigation into what is involved in 'upgrade'; turns out that htis is a 'migration' not an upgrade, and it sounds pretty scary; lots of product data will be lost [reviews/payments etc] adn, as far as I can tell shipping, which is a major problem for me. I came away with the impression that this 'migration' is not a good idea for any site that is working well enough [even including the log-in issues].
In the end I decided to take the advice of www.teqknowledgy.com/index.php/news/28-articles/44-how-to-virtuemart-1x-to-2x-migration-
which led me to
www.teqknowledgy.com/index.php/news/28-articles/45-so-long-virtuemart
It's a shame but life is short...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon