Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Blogs Display Access

• jacosky
  • jacosky
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202271 by jacosky
[SOLVED] CB Blogs Display Access was created by jacosky
When my members share their posts from CB Blogs with non-members, they are required to login first before being able to view the blogs.

Please I'd like to know how I can disable this feature such that non-logged in members can read the blogs without signing up or logging in.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202277 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Blogs Display Access
Display access is purely based off Joomla (assuming you're not using Internal) as blogs are stored as articles to Joomla and displayed by Joomla. It would help to know exactly what error your received to better suggest what might be happening as it could be Joomla menu link permissions to that category/section/article or it could be access to the blog it self (maybe they selected Registered instead of Public?).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jacosky
  • jacosky
12 years 4 months ago #202280 by jacosky
Replied by jacosky on topic Re: CB Blogs Display Access
I just activated Cb Blogs recently as I had been using the core Joomla system for blogs which had been displaying even to the public without login.
When someone visits a post on CB Blog, it will require him to login first before he can view the blog.

I've checked the permissions and everything is on 'Public'. I don't know where else to look again.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202347 by krileon
What model are you using for CB Blogs? Internal or CMS? See CB Blogs configuration. CB Blogs does not control access to blog entries if it's using CMS model.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jacosky
  • jacosky
12 years 4 months ago #202363 by jacosky
Replied by jacosky on topic Re: CB Blogs Display Access
I'm using both internal and CMS. I also noticed that when I try to add a new blog post using CB Blogs, it logs me out first and shows the notification 'Not Authorized'. When I log in back, it now gives me access to add a blog.

I also observed that when I share a blog post on Facebook from CB Blogs, it doesn't show the title of the blog but displays 'Login' instead.

I really don't know where to go from here now as I believe I've done what I can. Please help out asap.
Thank you!

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202369 by krileon
You can't use CB Blogs with Internal and CMS at the same time. Internal will use its own API to determine access. CMS will use Joomla to determine access. Please PM backend super administrator credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon