Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Blogs Display Access

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202600 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Blogs Display Access
The blogs your users are linking they have set to be accessible to Registered only. This is why it asks them to login. They need to set their Blogs to public if they want anyone to access them. You can see this directly from Content > Article Manager then filter the list by the Blogs section. You're welcome to edit those that have set Registered and set them Public.

You can also disable the Access parameter within CB > Plugin Management > CB Blogs > Config > Blogs > Defaults > Access; if you set it to Hide it'll always ensure Blogs are saved as Public.

Everything is working as intended. Notice under "More Articles..." there are entries that are set as Public and they work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jacosky
  • jacosky
12 years 4 months ago #202611 by jacosky
Replied by jacosky on topic Re: CB Blogs Display Access
Thanks but I seriously think that something's not right somewhere. I noticed that all the blogs access set to public are the ones requiring registration to read them.

I just added a new blog and consciously set the access to 'Public' in the frontend. The blog is showing quite well without issues to the public but I now noticed that the same blog is showing as 'Unknown' in the Access area in the 'CB Blog' blogs listing. That's quite strange and I think you should please give this another look and see what precisely wrong with the system.

I hope to hear from you soon.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202638 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Blogs Display Access
Ah, I see the issue. It's now fixed in 3.0.5 (already installed for you). Most of the blog entries were still Public and working, but you had a few that were Registered. The input to select Access wasn't working properly and could result in Registered always being selected by default (now fixed). I've also confirmed frontend and backend now works properly and has the appropriate access values in the dropdown select. This issue is only present on J1.5.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jacosky
  • jacosky
12 years 4 months ago #202640 by jacosky
Replied by jacosky on topic Re: CB Blogs Display Access
Thanks a lot Krileon. Everything is working fine now.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon